1.    #1  
    I've been dead set on the Treo 755p to replace my 650 until recently. I've been reading up on the HTC 6800 and holy crap this thing looks like a beast. You get everything below, and it's thinner than the 8125. I've been hesitant to jump from POS to WM, but this could sway me.

(taken from pdaphonehome.com)
    320x240 screen
    256MB ROM
    64MB RAM
    MicroSD storage card slot
    802.11b/g wifi w/ hard button switch
    Bluetooth 2.0
    2.0 megapixel camera w/ flash
    HTC combo miniUSB/audio port
    thumb wheel
    tetherable EVDO
    30% thinner than 6700
    Qualcomm 7500 dual-core processor (400mhz for PDA / 133mhz for phone)
    WM5 for Telus 6800 (P4000)
    EVDO Rev0 for Telus 6800

If this thing has everything listed here and EVDO RevA, I'm trying really hard to think of a reason to go for the 755p over this.

Can this please stay in the in a Palm forum rather than move to the WM forum? I'd like to get opinions from Palm users moreso than WM users.
    Looks sweet. our company is switching over to the 6700/6800 because of the 700w problems they are having.
    It would be out of my range, plus I hear september release because they are waiting to put on wm 6 instead of initially wm 5
    I would take any WM device over a PalmOS device but that's just me (at least until the new and hopefully improved Linux POS comes out).

The 6800 promises to be a nice device, but I can't get over the sliding keyboard form factor. I've had the Treo 650, 8125, 8525, Treo 750 and Blackjack (all for at least 3-4 months besides the Blackjack) and the QWERTYbar form factor just can't be beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I would take any WM device over a PalmOS device but that's just me (at least until the new and hopefully improved Linux POS comes out).

The 6800 promises to be a nice device, but I can't get over the sliding keyboard form factor. I've had the Treo 650, 8125, 8525, Treo 750 and Blackjack (all for at least 3-4 months besides the Blackjack) and the QWERTYbar form factor just can't be beat.
    I am tempted with the New Blackberry Curve if I have to switch from the treo 755p. It looks like a nice unit!!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    I am tempted with the New Blackberry Curve if I have to switch from the treo 755p. It looks like a nice unit!!
    I'll switch to Curve from 650 if Curve has a unlocked version
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    The 6800 release has been pushed back to Oct on Sprint....No reason given.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    probably because of change from wm5 to wm 6
  8.    #8  
    From what I've been reading, there are possible releases due to RevA and WM6. There's talk of releasing it soon with Rev0 and WM5, then releasing a patch this fall. Or just hold off launch until everything is ready to go. This is looking really good to me, but I'm not waiting five months for it. If the outlook is grim by the time the 755p comes out, that'll be my next phone.
    new dhl commercial with the guys playing golf, one of them is using the new htc 6800....looks pretty streamlined/ thin...