1.    #1  
    Is there any way to tell if there is a temporary problem with the data coverage in a particular area?

With the schedule I'm flying these days, I have a pretty long layover in Memphis. Until about 4 days ago, my Treo had perfect data reception in the area around the airport. Now, it just isn't there. Something as simple as checking my email is nearly impossible. At home, it's fine. 20 minutes away from the airport, it's fine. In other states, it's fine.

How can I find out what the problem is, or let Sprint know that there is an issue? I'm sure that I'm not the only one having issues . . .
  2.    #2  
    Nobody, eh? Hmmm . . .
    I'm taking a stab at this and suggest that there is likely some kind of software conflict that is causing this.

If you have a backup program installed, I'd suggest you do a backup and if there is a verification feature for your backup program (Resco backup has that), make sure you do so. Then do a hard reset and test whether you can connect. If it can, then, it's likely a software conflict problem. If not, then, it's more of a hardware problem.

I would most likely think it's a software problem. I recently encountered a similar thing with my GSM Treo. Did a hard reset and tried it and it worked so then I had to do some selective restore and testing to get things working again.

Maybe someone else may have a better suggestion or answer.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    I'm taking a stab at this and suggest that there is likely some kind of software conflict that is causing this.

If you have a backup program installed, I'd suggest you do a backup and if there is a verification feature for your backup program (Resco backup has that), make sure you do so. Then do a hard reset and test whether you can connect. If it can, then, it's likely a software conflict problem. If not, then, it's more of a hardware problem.

I would most likely think it's a software problem. I recently encountered a similar thing with my GSM Treo. Did a hard reset and tried it and it worked so then I had to do some selective restore and testing to get things working again.

Maybe someone else may have a better suggestion or answer.
    Thanks. If it is a software conflict, I'm not sure why the software is only conflicting in one geographical area. Odd . . .