Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Frustrating. I bought my first batch of screen protectors for my Treo 700wx. Genuine Palm protectors. I cannot put one on without an air bubble to save my life. Can anyone? Is there a trick?

What I would really prefer, I think, is the type that hold on just using static electricity, rather than the sticky stuff on the factory Palm protectors.

Any suggestions?

OTOH, I'm thinking I just won't use one. Any real harm in this? Seems like any strike strong enough to damage the screen would cause damage through a screen protector anyway. Maybe not.

-Frank
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have had some pretty good luck using my credit card to help smooth it over as I put it on. I put it on a just a little then use my credit card to smooth it
    I just installed a screensaver on my Treo 680 from www.bestskinsever.com and it is the first one I have ever installed with zero bubbles at all!!!

I actually got the screensaver as a gift from them when I ordered a screensaver for the Samsung Blackjack I had for a while...and when I asked why I couldn't find one for my Treo on their site...they told me they had only made a few because there was no demand. Hmmmm...

I bet if you would contact them, they would have one for you...and they may have them in stock for the 700wx.

The skins go on wet, and are easy to "float" onto the screen. Simply press out the water...and you are done. Very easy...
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    I like my Javoskin, it can also be applied moist and goes down well. There's two corners that are up just a tiny bit but not even within the visible area of the screen so no biggie.

So far it has done very well. I have somehow scratched it, but at least I scratched it rather than the Palm screen.
    Wipe the screen clean, steam up your bathroom with a hot shower and then peel only one end of the screen protector off. Line it up with the edge of the Treo screen and slowly use a credit card to inch it off the backing, scraping the bubbles out as you go...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Wipe the screen clean, steam up your bathroom with a hot shower and then peel only one end of the screen protector off. Line it up with the edge of the Treo screen and slowly use a credit card to inch it off the backing, scraping the bubbles out as you go...
    Thanks, Christina, I'll try that! Uh... about steaming up the bathroom with a hot shower... do you have to be in the bathroom when you do the screen protector? Or, can you do it in the kitchen while your bathroom is steamy?

-Frank
    ...and Frankxs, the answer to your question of whether you SHOULD have a screen protector is yes. Always. And I use the Boxwave screen protectors and have bubbles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Thanks, Christina, I'll try that! Uh... about steaming up the bathroom with a hot shower... do you have to be in the bathroom when you do the screen protector? Or, can you do it in the kitchen while your bathroom is steamy?

-Frank
    Well, I guess if you feel like a mild sauna after the hard work of applying the screen protector, you can stay in the kitchen and go relax in the bathroom after. But, it won't help prevent bubbles during your application from there...
    I've installed many screen protectors bubble-free. That is, as long as it's a good quality screen protector. A credit card, as mentioned above, will smooth out any bubbles.
    But if its a crap screen protector, no amount of smoothing out will remove bubbles. You get what you pay for.
    I prefer Boxwave's Crystal screen protectors. They are the best I've ever used, and are easy to get bubbles out.
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    I just installed a screensaver on my Treo 680 from www.bestskinsever.com and it is the first one I have ever installed with zero bubbles at all!!!

I actually got the screensaver as a gift from them when I ordered a screensaver for the Samsung Blackjack I had for a while...and when I asked why I couldn't find one for my Treo on their site...they told me they had only made a few because there was no demand. Hmmmm...

I bet if you would contact them, they would have one for you...and they may have them in stock for the 700wx.

The skins go on wet, and are easy to "float" onto the screen. Simply press out the water...and you are done. Very easy...
    I agree... Bestskinsever are great. I've used them for a couple years now. But for my Treo, I only use them to protect the body. I use a Boxwave screen protector for the screen. I've found that the Bestskinsever screen protectors are so thick, that it interferes with the touch screen's sensitivity.
    But BSE has an excellent product and great prices.
    My palm screen protectors came with a little 'credit card' type gizmo especially made to fit different Palm screen sizes. Very useful.

My problem is getting the protector to the screen without getting grubby finger marks on it and ruining the corners.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    if u don't get bubbles under them you'll get lint. if u don't get lint under there you'll get fingerprints. if u don't get fingerprints under there you'll get bubbles. it's nearly impossible to get a crystal clear screen. if u don't have OCD you'll want a screen protector but if you do (like me), you'll go without one.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I have OCD and I had to have the screen protector because of it. I just made sure I applied it perfectly. I can't even tell it's on...
    Thats wierd cuz I have Palm genuine screen protector, and I have no bubbles what so ever.
    I have no air bubbles, but I have a few very tiny pieces of either dirt or lint. Whatever they are, they look like little specks which are not visible except when the unit is turned off. I am using a Martin Fields on my 700wx.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    No bubbles or dirt with my Martin Fields.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I'm using the Palm version on my 700p, no bubbles, it looks perfect. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality, and it came with the applicator card. I have also used a javoskin in the past, it was good, but not as good as the palm original.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    I'm using the Palm version on my 700p, no bubbles, it looks perfect.
    Just curious, are you a surgeon?

-Frank
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I think most of the folks who say it looks perfect are talking about how it looks when the phone/pda is powered on. I need it to look perfect when it is off too because I can't stand seeing "stuff" on my screen.........EVER.

I know I have a problem.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Just curious, are you a surgeon?

-Frank
    No, I'm not a surgeon, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    I guess it doesn't look perfect when not powered up, it gets somewhat greasy, but is easy to clean.
    I was amazed that the Palm version worked so well. it may matter that I ordered it through the website (pkg. of 2) and it felt far more substantial than a previous Palm version I purchased at a retail store.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast