Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Although I had a small bubble or two when I applied my last screen protector, they went away after a week or two. I think some of the modern versions allow for a certain amount of osmosis.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    Thats wierd cuz I have Palm genuine screen protector, and I have no bubbles what so ever.
    Alot of soapy water and my driver's license made a huge difference. If you use enough soapy water, you can actually peel it off and redo it before it dries if you screw up. A stiff plastic card also helps. Georgia driver's licenses are a lot thicker than credit cards.
    Be careful with the Palm screen protector included with the Treo. I've read a lot of horror stories about the screen pulling with the protector when you remove it.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Be careful with the Palm screen protector included with the Treo. I've read a lot of horror stories about the screen pulling with the protector when you remove it.
    Yeah, that's another thing. How do you folks get the danged thing off? I've just used my fingernail. It's hard though. I try to just peel it back rather than "up". Anyway, if I'm gonna "dig" at my screen with my fingernail every little while to change screen protectors, makes me wonder if I wouldn't dig at it less by not even using a screen protector.

-Frank
    Simple; don't use sticky screen protectors. There are many which are not, such as JavoScreen, Boxwave I believe are not as well.
    You shouldn't have to keep removing and reapplying new screen protectors very often. I've had the same Boxwave Anti-Glare on my 650 for 2 1/2 years now. No lint, bubbles or scratches with the backlight on or off...
    I tried the NuShield at first because it didn't have any adhesive. The problem was that it would shift around a little and eventually interfere with the screen connectors under the shell. Very wierd freezes and app behavior when that happened.

Since then I've been using the Palm ones and like others have said, they've worked very well. Use the applicator, driver license or credit card to apply but only peel enough off the backing to get started. From the bottom of the screen, use the card to push out the bubbles as you peel the backing away to the top of the screen. Just do it slow are careful since you can always peel some of the protector off the screen if you see bubbles trapped.

Since you have to cut the palm ones down to size, I leave mine a few mm longer on one side so it just barely touches the case. That makes it easier to get a start when peeling it off.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    I think most of the folks who say it looks perfect are talking about how it looks when the phone/pda is powered on. I need it to look perfect when it is off too because I can't stand seeing "stuff" on my screen.........EVER.

I know I have a problem.
    You're not the only one. I am on my 6th Treo. Before that, many palm handhelds. I never use a protector. I do however have good cases and holsters.
    I have OCD and I had to have the screen protector because of it. I just made sure I applied it perfectly. I can't even tell it's on...
    Mind swinging by Illinois and putting one on for me? I have no patience for it.

No OCD here, but a good helping of ADD... LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by StFunny View Post
    Mind swinging by Illinois and putting one on for me? I have no patience for it.

No OCD here, but a good helping of ADD... LOL.
    Hon...Believe me, I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could Just call me this weekend and I'll walk you through it...we'll take baby steps like everything else, so you don't get all distracted
  11.    #31  
    Hon...Believe me, I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could Just call me this weekend and I'll walk you through it...we'll take baby steps like everything else, so you don't get all distracted
    Ahem! In a hot steamy shower?

-Frank
    LOL!!! You have a one track mind
    You are not nice!

I shall put toothpaste on your forehead the next time I see you!

humph!

Seriously though, I'll call you later.

I don't even have a screen protector yet anyway...
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    I think most of the folks who say it looks perfect are talking about how it looks when the phone/pda is powered on. I need it to look perfect when it is off too because I can't stand seeing "stuff" on my screen.........EVER.

I know I have a problem.
    LOL
    Windows < ubuntu + beryl (UNIX/Linux)... now time to code..

yay for hackers and all the wonderful tools used by said brains.
    Anyone play counterstrike?
    Quote Originally Posted by StFunny View Post
    You are not nice!

I shall put toothpaste on your forehead the next time I see you!

humph!

Seriously though, I'll call you later.

I don't even have a screen protector yet anyway...
    Sticks and stones...did Lola teach you nothing???

I think we both know I am perfectly capable of applying toothpaste to my forehead all by myself. I don't even have to try...

Seriously, I sent you links to all the stuff you need to buy. Would you kindly get off your a** and get that thing protected?? RexRegina, not the other one...
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    I tried the NuShield at first because it didn't have any adhesive. The problem was that it would shift around a little and eventually interfere with the screen connectors under the shell. Very wierd freezes and app behavior when that happened.
    Never used one of those.. The Javo Screen I have is very slightly tacky, it doesn't move. But NOWHERE as sticky like most screen protectors.
  18.    #38  
    It's been interesting. Thanks for all the input. Guess it's time for me to check out some alternatives to the Palm branded screen protectors. I don't like them that much. They are way sticky and hard to remove.

Verizon has, on their website, a screen protector for the 700wx said to adhere by static electricity, be pre-cut to exactly fit the 700wx (I can never get those corners right! ). Package of 3 for $10.00. I just ordered a pack of those. It'll be interesting to see how they work.

-Frank

Edit: Although, after further thought... I could be talked into trying those ones that have to be put on in a steamy shower. If I can get help!
    Last edited by Frankxs; 05/06/2007 at 10:52 AM.
    Would you kindly get off your a** and get that thing protected??
    Yeah, I'll get around to it. I just got, uh, distracted...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12