View Poll Results: Is this rude or am I a prude?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Watching TV on your Treo at a wedding is definitely rude

66 70.97%
  • Maninrochester you are a prude, get with the times!

27 29.03%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Kentucky Derby? Is that still run in the US? I thought we outsourced Kentucky to the Chinese.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Sorry, couldn't resist....
    (I just tried to add a picture but couldn't)
    is this the right command ? "[img](add link here)[/img]"
    (instructions said:
    The [img] tag allows you to embed images within your posts. You can also combine this tag with the [url] tag to make images become links.
    Usage [img]value[/img]
    Example Usage http://discussion.treocentral.com/im.../forum_new.gif)
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    This sub-forum does not allow embedded pictures.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    Kentucky Derby? Is that still run in the US? I thought we outsourced Kentucky to the Chinese.
    No, it's still held in Kentucky. The woman's hats are made in China, The ticket office rings up a call center in Indonesia and all bets are made through an offshore relay site in the Caymans.
  5.    #85  
    Oh.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    That was all a joke. Well, except for the hats comment. I'm sure some of the fancy hats are made overseas.

Bets and the ticket office are definitely run out of Churchill Downs still. You CAN bet from off-track, but they are all ultimately processed at a data center in suburban Louisville.

To get to the topic of the thread, I wonder where exactly the obligation was incurred to do exactly what the bride/groom want at a wedding. If I am going to a wedding with my girlfriend for one of her sorority sisters or some other person that I don't know, and I'm in the last row of pews piddling around on my Treo, all that does is take away from my 'enjoyment' of the event. I don't really give a care if it is supposed to be for the 'special' bride and groom (what exactly makes them special again, other than 'tradition'?). They are supposed to be spending the time getting married, not scanning the audience to ensure an appopriate level of glazed-over boredom.
    Well, I'm now off to go get a SlingBox!
  8.    #88  
    I'm going to a baseball game this weekend but I was thinking of bringing my Treo so I could watch reruns of Love Boat during the game with my slingbox. Would that be rude?
    I find both equally boring...
  10.    #90  
    Speaking of rude my ex-wife (that's not the rude part) and I went to a football game, a playoff game actually. In fact is was the Buffalo Bills/Houston Oilers game, the one where the Bills came back from 33 points down in the second half to win in overtime. She read a book the whole time. Talk about rude! Those darned fanatics, I think you call them fans, wouldn't keep quiet and let her read. The whole time they kept screaming and yelling; what's the big deal, it's just a game?

True story.
    I always bring something else to do when I go to sporting events, thinking I'm going to get bored. But once I'm there, I get completely caught up in the action and excitement. Except baseball, I could probably finish an entire book during a baseball game.
    Speaking of rude my ex-wife (that's not the rude part) and I went to a football game, a playoff game actually. In fact is was the Buffalo Bills/Houston Oilers game, the one where the Bills came back from 33 points down in the second half to win in overtime. She read a book the whole time. Talk about rude! Those darned fanatics, I think you call them fans, wouldn't keep quiet and let her read. The whole time they kept screaming and yelling; what's the big deal, it's just a game?

True story.
    What a game! I remember it was blacked out here in Rochester, so I went to a bar with my Dad and future father-in-law to watch it (before the NFL police cracked down on those bars). The place cleared out at halftime, we got belly up to the bar, and those same people returned for the 4th quarter. It was "the Reich choice."
  13.    #93  
    It was a great game. My ex read "What Lisa Knew" instead. It was the story of Lisa Steinberg, the woman who stood by while her hubby did awful things to their kids. Yucch. It was a very rude book.

I bet you'd never know this but I live in Rochester too!! Brighton to be exact.

True story.
    I hope you are not sarcastically implying she was rude to find a way to quietly entertain herself at an event you dragged her to which she obviously had no interest in at all.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I hope you are not sarcastically implying she was rude to find a way to quietly entertain herself at an event you dragged her to which she obviously had no interest in at all.

Surur
    I find it amusing that "M" says that 70% of us are rude but then drags HIS ex to a game that he knows she has no interest in. So who is being the rude one here?
    Lance
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
  16.    #96  
    The whole story while true is totally tongue in cheek. The joke is that she thought it was rude of the 80,000 fans not to let her read.
    I bet you'd never know this but I live in Rochester too!! Brighton to be exact.
    Webster here. My office used to be in Brighton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I always bring something else to do when I go to sporting events, thinking I'm going to get bored. But once I'm there, I get completely caught up in the action and excitement. Except baseball, I could probably finish an entire book during a baseball game.
    Baseball is a community sport. You have to go with a group to really enjoy it. It's the banter, the chatter, the second guessing of the coaching staff! LOL

If you watch 'Fever Pitch' with Drew Barrymore you'll get an idea of what going to a game should be like. :-)
  19.    #99  
    Would it be rude if I watched Love Boat on my Treo while my girlfriend watches "Fever Pitch?"
    ^ its a free country. Enjoy it.
    Lance
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast