Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    This PDA Performance really doing something that Palm couldn't?!?

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1178-1.htm

http://www.pdaperformance.com/produc...aro/index.html

Common knowledge is that if you want to do something on a mobile device, you’re going have to be somewhat devious. One application at a time means exiting out of open work (such as an e-mail you’re typing) to perform a quick task (finding a contact whose information you’d like to include in your e-mail). Tiny tasks don’t merit a screeching halt to whatever you’re doing, and neither should your productivity. At the heart of Saguaro® is a true multitasking kernel that allows multiple Saguaro-compatible applications to run simultaneously. And, it eliminates Palm OS limitations in the process, providing the most solid base upon which to build mobile software without breaking compatibility with your existing Palm OS applications. Saguaro® is the start of a revolution of mobile software, leaps and bounds ahead of anything else you’ve ever experienced on a mobile device.
    I'm getting excited just thinking about being able to multi-task on my 700p

How far can this app really go? I hope this isn't another "hoop-dream"
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    This PDA Performance really doing something that Palm couldn't?!?

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1178-1.htm

http://www.pdaperformance.com/produc...aro/index.html

I'm getting excited just thinking about being able to multi-task on my 700p

How far can this app really go? I hope this isn't another "hoop-dream"

Your right! It is so smooth! Like you say, hope it is not a pipe dream
    OK, this is pretty damn cool. Finally, multi-tasking for Palm!
    I think Saguaro would have been quite promising if Palm hadn't just announced that it was moving to Linux, which already supports multi-tasking. Saguaro's usefulness will be limited to legacy devices and apps that are specifically modified to work with Saguaro. How many developers will bother to modify their PalmOS apps? That depends on how difficult the process is and on how many users buy Saguaro.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Samkim i got your point. I'm sure there's alot of legacy 700p owners that don't want to buy into new Palm device.
    The thing that really get me is why couldn't Palm create a app like this when they still owned the OS. I guess I'm just dreaming.
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Gah. Yet Another Saguaro Thread. Real simple; the multitasking they're doing here is within itself, it is NOT multitasking Palm apps. It is multitasking some very simple widget applications which are specific to Saguaro.

It is not a multitasking retrofit for any Palm, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Gah. Yet Another Saguaro Thread. Real simple; the multitasking they're doing here is within itself, it is NOT multitasking Palm apps. It is multitasking some very simple widget applications which are specific to Saguaro.

Well that's not much fun.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I think I'm excited to see it as a software suite. I don't care how it does it. If I can perform by daily function while giving me the ability to do something else even if it is half-a$$ I welcome it with open arms.

I see it kind of like the Blackberry suite that RIM is making for WM6.
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    I think I'm excited to see it as a software suite. I don't care how it does it. If I can perform by daily function while giving me the ability to do something else even if it is half-a$$ I welcome it with open arms.

I see it kind of like the Blackberry suite that RIM is making for WM6.
    If it can make a useful coexisting environment.. I can see that. I don't see it happening, but I can see the usefulness of that.
    I don't see anything happening with Saguro, at least not based off the sneak peak. I installed it and as far as I saw, the only thing I could do was look at an RSS feed from CNN and look at the weather. Ok, how about something interesting like a web browser or an audio player? Unless they can get apps that can replace or emulate the core functionality of the built in apps, I don't see much of a point in Saguro.
    Interestingly, if you complete the form to download the so called "sneak peek" one of the questions asked is..."If you could run one legacy Palm OS application in Saguaro what would it be?" Hopefully, they are talking about running applications within Saguaro.