1.    #1  
    I am a Verizon customer and have never had an issue with them. I love my Treo650, but in August I will be allowed to get a new phone from Verizon for free. I am looking at the Treo 700p, because it is the newest version and I really am dying to get my hands on the EVDO. But I was wondering if anyone had some solid information on newer Treos that will be coming out that maybe i should hold out a couple extra months for?
    Welll, the Treo 755 is coming out on Sprint next month, and at least one credible rumor has it coming to Verizon soon after:

755P on Verizon?

Based on rumors of what the feature set will be, I've seen lots of current 700p users complaining that the 755p doesn't seem like much of an upgrade to them. Personally, the form factor looks like a very welcome improvement even if the feature set was identical to the 700p. YMMV. The one thing I've heard that concerned me a little was that battery capacity might be compromised to achieve a thinner form factor. I'll be watching early reviews to see if that's a real issue.

Chances are, Verizon will have the 755p before your August new phone date, so I'd wait and compare the two models to see which works best for you.
    Get a 755p or 700p depends on how long do you use your phone everyday.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RWCouck View Post
    I am a Verizon customer and have never had an issue with them. I love my Treo650, but in August I will be allowed to get a new phone from Verizon for free. I am looking at the Treo 700p, because it is the newest version and I really am dying to get my hands on the EVDO. But I was wondering if anyone had some solid information on newer Treos that will be coming out that maybe i should hold out a couple extra months for?

Hold off. Evdo is nice but I think you want to wait for a stable device which offers it. You want solid bluetooth and quick response time when using a phone, not a painful lag issues and frequent bluetooth problems.

Pass on the 700p. Your treo 650 is stable, or at least much more so than a 700p would be. While it doesnt offer you evdo, its probably a LOT more reliable. Having bluetooth drop in and out on a 700p while on a critical phone call is infuriating. Problems like that dont justify parting with $200 - $450 for an "upgrade".

Wait until palm or another company offers you a product worthy of your money.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    save your freebie card for a better product in the future.
    my 700p is crap compared to my ole 650
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I think you're asking a little bit too early, unless you plan on purchasing the phone before August. August is still 3 months away, which is plenty of time for news of new Treos to pop up. I'd say wait until August and then re-consider your options. As it stands right now, the 700p is probably going to be replaced with the 755p (at least on Sprint, I'm sure Verizon will follow suit), and who knows if another device will be announced later on (maybe Palm's new Linux device).
    Man I have no issues with my 700p, and I look at posts like those above, and wonder if I'm one of the few. But many folks I see at airports and such tell me their 700ps are fine, also.

Huh.
    I agree, my VZW 700P has worked exceptionally well for me. There are always things that I wish it did better (better Bluetooth support for example) , but for what it does, it does it very well.
    If the 700P update is good, it will really make it great. It is already a very good smartphone. However, don't expect a new 700 from the NE2 promotion. I believe you will only get a $100 credit towards a new phone. If it was a regular cell phone, $100 would get you a decent phone. But they won't give you a new Treo for free.