1.    #1  
    So I am now in need of a palm device, but am having trouble figuring out what type to get, whether it be a Treo or just a Palm device. I have a phone and only really need a device to be able to access my outlook, update appointments, and check e-mail for when I am on the road. My boyfriend told me that Agendus was a great program and it has a great appearence and interface.

Just looking for suggestions on a decently priced Palm device or some recomendations on getting a Treo vs Palm device. I am considering switching phone carriers and if I in fact do, I would be most likely looking at a Treo.

Any help? Thanks!
    I'm a Sprint customer and I'm really happy with my Treo 700wx. I can't say much more then that... LOL.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Get a Treo. There is a reason manufacturers are fleeing the PDA market--the converged device is so much more powerful. Bonus multiplier points more.

Then the question is which Treo. That depends on which carrier you use. Then it depends on what you want to do and what you're used to.

I have the Sprint 700wx also. And the 750 on T-Mobile. Had the 650 and really liked it.
    if you're not on Sprint now and if you're going to switch you should check out the SERO thread for the deals.
    It depends on how much time and patience you're willing to put into the device. The Treos are great, but can be difficult if you run into problems. If you're willing to take the time to set it up properly from the beginning and aren't the type to panic each time something goes wrong, then I think the Treo is the best choice. But, if you get frustrated and angry if the device doesn't always perform exactly the way you want it to, then another type of Palm organizer is probably a little more practical...
    you say your boyfriend said agendus is good. Does he have a pda or a pda phone? Do like his? Do you think you would want to carry 2 devices? If the answer is yes to the first and no to the second, a smartphone is the way to go.
    Are you happy with the palm os? If so, a 700p is right up your alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by melfarrell View Post
    I have a phone and only really need a device to be able to access my outlook, update appointments, and check e-mail for when I am on the road.
    What type of phone do you have? Do you currently have some sort of data plan with it?
    My boyfriend told me that Agendus was a great program and it has a great appearence and interface.
    What sort of PDA or Treo does he have? Have you tried it out?
    Just looking for suggestions on a decently priced Palm device or some recomendations on getting a Treo vs Palm device.
    If you have a phone that's bluetooth capable and has a data plan, you may want to try to pick up something like a Zire 72 on eBay to get your feet wet. You can then see if it'll work for what you want.
    I am considering switching phone carriers and if I in fact do, I would be most likely looking at a Treo.
    That would make the most sense if you're switching. Palm's current standalone PDAs aren't that impressive, IMO.
    Any help? Thanks!
    Hope this helps.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  8.    #8  
    My boyfriend had the 650p and now has the 700p and have seen him do a LOT with them both. I like the 700, but since I am with Cingular may look into the 680. The thing is he has palm and is not a big fan of the windows operating system, so I am biased in that respect.

I am leaning towards the smartphone just because yes, one device will be a lot easier then having 2 seperate ones. I'm sure I can work out a deal with the service provider and so it would be worth it.

Also, my company says they only support the windows interface in order to make sure I can transfer my calendar, but I should be able to do that on the palm operating system as well, right? I know a few people have run into the probem of losing appointments when they connect their phone to their computer and I DON'T want to have that problem.

Any input appreciated
    If your company has an Exchange Server then a 680 will talk to it over the air with ease -- email, contacts, calendar. No probs. At least I had none with a 650.

Now I have the 700wx and it is vastly more capable in dealing with the Exchange Server at work. It is a pleasure.

Unless your work IT person is a giant pill I would not base the Palm vs. Windows decision on work stuff. Both will do the job.
    You can make do with a Z22, only 60 bucks.

Or an old school m515 if you can find one new.
    The thing is he has palm and is not a big fan of the windows operating system, so I am biased in that respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Unless your work IT person is a giant pill I would not base the Palm vs. Windows decision on work stuff. Both will do the job.
    I certainly wouldn't base the Palm vs. Windows decision on what your boyfriend's opinion is...try them both out and decide for yourself.
    My boyfriend had the 650p and now has the 700p and have seen him do a LOT with them both. I like the 700, but since I am with Cingular may look into the 680. The thing is he has palm and is not a big fan of the windows operating system, so I am biased in that respect.
    I'd echo what Christinac130 said. Don't let his bias be yours unless you've tried them both. That being said, the 680 is a decent enough device, albeit with a couple of caveats. Biggest being battery life. If you're a big talker/data user, you're going to need to look at battery options (extra battery, extended battery with the ensuing hump, etc.). I'm content with my 680, but I'm typically talking on it for only 2-3 hours a day at most. If you talk on the phone for more than 3-4 hours a day, you won't be happy with the battery life.
    Also, my company says they only support the windows interface in order to make sure I can transfer my calendar, but I should be able to do that on the palm operating system as well, right? [...]
    Should work fine as long as they don't have any policies that prohibit it.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...