Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I made this post under another thread but I believe it bears discussion. I think that Palm is now controlling the comments or posts that are given in the "Palm Blog" See my comments below. I cannot believe that only 2-4 posts were made in two days on the blog. We see so many posts here on Treo Central. How is that the Palm Blog can only have so few posts?

Just checked the Palm Blog, and I have posted several comments (none too severe) and they have not posted more than two comments the past several days and I have written 3 or 4. I do not really think that this is a "blog" if they are not posting the users comments. At least on TC they post our comments and if too vivid they delete them. I wish the Palm Blog would do the same. I do not think that they realized the amount of negative attention concerning the Treo 700p and what it would bring to their blog. Palm has miscalculated again. Maybe Palm is in Russia and not in the US where we have some reason of freedom of speech.

What % of the post's now on the website are negative or somewhat 80% ????
    Last edited by Gas Man; 04/21/2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Just wanted to add to the 1st Post
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Yeah, im sure the extreme censorship should lead to some intensely stimulating exchanges...

Palm`s a lost dog trying to find its way home.... incredible
    I gotta have more cowbell
    With what I wanna say will end freedom of speach from this point on.
    at&t iPhone3G
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    With what I wanna say will end freedom of speach from this point on.

Maybe we should host a protest in LA or SF and have all the Palm fans meet and let the media know what Palm is doing! It may take something like that for Palm to realize that their problems are only begining. If Apple were CDMA and EVDO (I would consider jumping ship, may anyway) What if Access would approach HTC and come out with their Linux branded "Palm" We have already spent a lot of monies on our Palm devices and software; I guess a few dollars more would be well spent if Palm would come forward and really admit that they made a mistake in the release of the Treo 700p. My 650 except for EVDO was more functional when 1st released (even with the memory loss from the 600) than my Treo 700p. Yes I still use the 700p but the lag is killing me, some days are worse than others.

For our speakers......

Shadowmite
    Meryln (Palm took his phone and did not compensate him)
    Perry

and of course other fine users of TC
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    what I want to say will end certain types of speech for sure.
    Ive been pretty tough on the blog and they have posted each of my 3 posts.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Ive been pretty tough on the blog and they have posted each of my 3 posts.
    In the last one I indicated that they should give users of the 700p a good discount because they had released a defective phone. But c'mon 2-4 posts on the blog since the 17th??? Oh well maybe I haven't found more post because they are hiding?? (total posts 109 is what it says at the bottom of the page after you go thru the posts. They have several of mine too but not my recent ones. Maybe they only limit us to 5 posts a month.. I have ask them to answer questions which they are not responding to. Maybe next week they will be able to sort things out and start posting again.???
    Here is one possibility to explain comments (slow or absent) on the Palm blog.

Maybe the job is on a guy's desk who is really busy already and his boss said 'Here you go, do this too AND DON'T F@@@ UP!!!!!'

So he is overworked. Under pressure. Full of goodwill and wants to do something useful for the company and the user community.

And the user community urinates on him.

Suggestion: just as we all want Palm to talk to us, why don't we take the first step? Why don't we TALK to them instead of urinating on them?

Maybe, just maybe, the things that bug you about Palm have been years in coming. Maybe, just maybe, the guy moderating the comments isn't the guy who personally designed and built YOUR 700p.

Be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Maybe we should host a protest in LA or SF and have all the Palm fans meet and let the media know what Palm is doing! It may take something like that for Palm to realize that their problems are only begining. If Apple were CDMA and EVDO (I would consider jumping ship, may anyway) What if Access would approach HTC and come out with their Linux branded "Palm" We have already spent a lot of monies on our Palm devices and software; I guess a few dollars more would be well spent if Palm would come forward and really admit that they made a mistake in the release of the Treo 700p. My 650 except for EVDO was more functional when 1st released (even with the memory loss from the 600) than my Treo 700p. Yes I still use the 700p but the lag is killing me, some days are worse than others.

For our speakers......

Shadowmite
    Meryln (Palm took his phone and did not compensate him)
    Perry

and of course other fine users of TC
    Agreed. I have friends that have solid 650's-EVDO with rock solid performance with the addition of many applications and no lag. Two of them have had the 700p and went back to their 650's. If Linux becomes a reality I will not be a beta tester. Until I decide what to do I am just going to set back and watch the freak show.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Why don't you guys complain some more?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Why don't you guys complain some more?

Well it was the complaining that got Palm to acknowledge the problem, thanks to Bob and others. There can be a fine line; maybe we have crossed it. But like one of the earlier posts on this thread is that it probably has been years in coming and the 700p was the catalyst!
    I agree that a certain amount of complaining is good, but alot of these posts are getting a bit out of hand IMO
    I think you guys are right. I posted a comment to the latest post and so far, no comments show up. Definitely, they are moderating it now. And mine wasn't negative at all.

Or maybe someone's a bit behind on going through the comments.

Whatever.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    My hunch is that palm's blog is just another spoonful of happy horsepuckey from EC and the entourage.
    Yeah the complaining might be a bit much.

But consider this. What is worse for Palm?

a. People who really really really care about their Treos and complain bitterly and loudly about problems.

b. Dead silence.

I vote for (b) being the worse outcome for Palm.

It is said that the opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is apathy.

Palm is fortunate that apathy has not set in (yet). When apathy takes over all of the Treo-happy people will suddenly be owning some other manufacturer's phone.

Palm has a massive intangible off-balance sheet asset -- Treo-love. I am sure many TCers are like me -- they have bought many Treos for themselves and their families, and have also been unpaid evangelists for the Treo.

Because it is off-balance sheet, Ed Colligan and crew do not properly value it. Or nurture it.

It is an intangible -- goodwill. It is built slowly and in small increments every time a user has a "happy happy" moment. It is destroyed wholesale by ineptitude and cluelessness.

The jury is out. While we're waiting let's see whether the N95 is interesting enough to buy. (Only half-kidding, Palm.)
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    what I want to say will end certain types of speech for sure.
    *please, no name calling*
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 04/24/2007 at 11:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    *Please, no name calling*
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 04/24/2007 at 11:55 AM.
    Tastypeppers your comments are up.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Wow!!!! Less than 24 hours!!!!

Good work, Palm. Glad to see it. Next step: Palm talks to Tastypeppers in the comments at blog.palm.com. That's how it works.

EDIT: ahh, they f'd it up. My post was attributed to "Nick." I'm not Nick. They used my real name for a one-sentence post attributed to someone with the initials 'mvk'.

I've posted another comment and asked them to fix it.
    Last edited by Tastypeppers; 04/24/2007 at 11:58 AM.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Yeah the complaining might be a bit much.

But consider this. What is worse for Palm?

a. People who really really really care about their Treos and complain bitterly and loudly about problems.

b. Dead silence.

I vote for (b) being the worse outcome for Palm.

It is said that the opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is apathy.

Palm is fortunate that apathy has not set in (yet). When apathy takes over all of the Treo-happy people will suddenly be owning some other manufacturer's phone.

Palm has a massive intangible off-balance sheet asset -- Treo-love. I am sure many TCers are like me -- they have bought many Treos for themselves and their families, and have also been unpaid evangelists for the Treo.

Because it is off-balance sheet, Ed Colligan and crew do not properly value it. Or nurture it.

It is an intangible -- goodwill. It is built slowly and in small increments every time a user has a "happy happy" moment. It is destroyed wholesale by ineptitude and cluelessness.

The jury is out. While we're waiting let's see whether the N95 is interesting enough to buy. (Only half-kidding, Palm.)
    I have been pretty hard on Palm lately but I like the Palm OS and I am looking forward to Dec!. Hopefully Palm is listening. I bought two new programs for my Treo this week the weather program "TreoWeather" by GX5, they had a good price on it too. Purchase one for my 700p and one for my wife's 650. I like it since it includes the sunset times. Even though I have weather from Treo Alarms (excellant program), On Demand and the new one from "Saguaro". People are still developing for the Palm OS and that is good news for us. Let's see, back to subject what will the update do for our Treo's?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast