View Poll Results: The next new ability you would like a future Treo to have is. . . . .

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • GPS

83 58.04%
  • WiFi

52 36.36%
  • Something Else

8 5.59%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Arent the GPS receivers today small enough to pocket and sensitive enough to be accurate if left there?
    Mine is the size of a matchbox and does work in my pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Okay, just curious . . . . if you had to pick just one new ability in the future Palm/Linux OS Treo what would it be?

GPS (with mapping and location based service software)
    WiFi
    Something else

Cheers, Perry.

Perry, I would take GPS, my evdo is working fair now, of course wifi would be quicker. Just hope they give us both!
    GPS -

We have an internet connection already - we don't have any form of GPS w/o an expensive add on or setteling for google maps (a really awesome program BTW)

Also - GPS can be used pretty much anyware. WiFi you'll need a hot spot - and a OS which can move smoothly between the regular Phone internet conncention and the wiFi connection.

One more thing - I was tempted to choose 'other' : a Quality IM program. I miss verichat something terrible. I've tried Mundo (sp?) and IM+, and a few others. None are as good as Verichat. I loved having IM (AOl, MSN, & Yahoo) availve 24-7. How can the sidekick have IM so easily, built in, and the Treo doesn't ??

Thanks for the Survey
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    i think the choice should be obvious - You can connect BT GPS to it easily, but you can't do the same with wifi- so wifi should be primary choice, also it doesn't matter, nobody is going to listen to us.
    P.S. Doesn't treo alredy have a GPS or GPS like device for E911 and all they need to do is to enable it to output data to simulated serial port in NMEA format ?
    GPS for me please.
    Comin in late but I will take GPS too. I agree that wherever I am likely to find WiFi, I have access to a laptop or desktop. I would like GPS as much for walking around cities as I would for int he car.....I would like it on my bike....and not having to carry around a separate donglie thing that prevents me from using my BT headset while the BT GPS is active. I also want to be able to locate job sites on maps and use the GPS mapping to annotate data about each site.

Wifi has less then 1/1000th of 1% geographical coverage. If I am in someone's office I can ask to use a PC. If I am in a hotel, I can use my laptop. No I won't look as cool but I will get my work done 5 times faster than typing with my thumbs. No, I won't carry my laptop to Starbucks but if I am sitting in coffee joint long enough to do any type of written communications, I should get the hell of my arse and get back to work.

As for battery life, I'm still on the once a week charge as I have been for almost 3 years with my 650. As a business tool, I certainly don't see a case for WIFi. Other people might, but not me. If I gotta type more than 4 sentences I aint doin it on a thumbpad. If it's less than 4 sentences, I can do it via phone.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234