1.    #1  
    Like we could with a sidekick- network status- it would give you a reading of the current signal strength.

Im just wondering if we can do this with Treos(750)?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    Like we could with a sidekick- network status- it would give you a reading of the current signal strength.

Im just wondering if we can do this with Treos(750)?
    SignalMeter is what I use on my 700p and all my treo's before that. But since you are on the 750, no idea.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #3  
    I tried doing a search for treo 750 strength meter or RSSI meter, and found nothing. Is there any software out there(preferably free? ) that can do this?
    Does Cingular and the 750 have a phone codes like the Sprint 700P, where one of the values listed is the RSSI number?

Dialling ##33284# on a Sprint Treo 700P = Debug Parameters, w/ the RSSI value at the top

(for those of you new Sprint users now tapping this number on your dial pad. . . . . -68 = "you are standing under a tower", -110 = "you have no signal strength bars on the display and are about to lose service", numbers in between those are, well, in between those extremes . . . . . .)
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/23/2007 at 09:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Ben JoeM,thanks for signal info.,I just purchased Slingbox pro&downloaded the now availible beta software to palm os on my 700p.Since I live in an apparrently weak evdo area signal strength is an issue because it causes the 700p to lose audio/video when using sling at home,fortunetly I did nt purchase sling.to use at home or for my treo for that matter.
    This little script will give you that and more:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=402

You will need to download and install MortScript for this to run

http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...=view&entry=65

...then place the script in the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #7  
    dled mort 4 and then unzipped te script to the folder u specified. what next?
  8.    #8  
    doubleclicked and saw information. cool. but no signal strength
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Does Cingular and the 750 have a phone codes like the Sprint 700P, where one of the values listed is the RSSI number?

Dialling ##33284# on a Sprint Treo 700P = Debug Parameters, w/ the RSSI value at the top

(for those of you new Sprint users now tapping this number on your dial pad. . . . . -70 = "you are standing under a tower", -110 = "you have no signal strength bars on the display and are about to lose service", numbers in between those are, well, in between those extremes . . . . . .)
    so a -96 isn't too good, and that makes sense since I cannot get over two bars and frequently have less with numerous dropped calls. I like Sprint except for the coverage at my house
    doubleclicked and saw information. cool. but no signal strength
    oops, his first rev of the script didn't include it... the one in this post does:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=431

Since he didn't attach it after making the changes, I went ahead and did it. Just rename the .txt file to .mscr and and put it in the same place and it should work for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  11.    #11  
    thank!! it worked. with 3 bars at home, I got a strength of 90 to 100.

now I am assuming this is relatively good since its close to 70? or am I barking up the wrong tree?
    thank!! it worked. with 3 bars at home, I got a strength of 90 to 100.

now I am assuming this is relatively good since its close to 70? or am I barking up the wrong tree?

-68 is the best I have seen with -110 the worst. . . . .

being a 42 digit spread . . . . -90 is in the middle, with -100 being in the weaker end of the gene pool.
  13.    #13  
    I said 90 to 100, NOT -90 to -100.
    I have around 98 at home. NOt that good huh?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    I have around 98 at home. NOt that good huh?
    no idea because one said if its 70, its really good, and you said you got 98 and I had 90 and 100, and those were postive intergers. NOT negative intergers- so Im just as confused as before.
    -98,-99, and -100 at home...lovely -90 upstairs
    Last edited by KStewart; 04/23/2007 at 05:41 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
  17.    #17  
    I'm on tmobile. does that make a difference in 90 vs -90?
    I'm on tmobile. does that make a difference in 90 vs -90?

I would assume that they just left the "minus" off of their displayed reference. . . . .

So far the range I have seen on my signal strength has been -68 (strongest) and -110 (weakest).
  19.    #19  
    I'm truly confused now, I'm seeing 4 bars but have 90 to 100 signal strength.
    internet is good, and constant.
    I'm truly confused now, I'm seeing 4 bars but have 90 to 100 signal strength.
    internet is good, and constant.

My frame of reference is a Sprint CDMA Treo 650 and 700P. T-Mobile and Cingular GSM devices may have different scales. . . . . .

Sorry, I cannot help any further than that. . . .