Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i posted this in three different incarnations, maybe this will work...

with the exception of hotmail, i can't set up any other email account

everytime i go through the set up walkthrough under tools, i log everything in but then when i hit send/receive i get the "incoming email password" screen

i understand that yahoo won't work unless i purchase yahoo plus but gmail should work

please help

thanks in advance
    Have you tried clearing your cache? clearing your cookies? soft resetting?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    not the cache, but i did a soft reset

since i posted, i got gmail to work through the web, but i can't get it to work, along with yahoo, through the messaging tab

does it have to be set to pop also?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    but, i just loaded tcpmp and tried to view a quick .avi movie

i got 30 seconds into it when i was kicked to the incoming email password screen!

what the hell is going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by mw383 View Post
    not the cache, but i did a soft reset

since i posted, i got gmail to work through the web, but i can't get it to work, along with yahoo, through the messaging tab

does it have to be set to pop also?
    So, you're using Blazer to access your email through the individual sites or you're using Versamail? What "messaging tab" are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by mw383 View Post
    but, i just loaded tcpmp and tried to view a quick .avi movie

i got 30 seconds into it when i was kicked to the incoming email password screen!

what the hell is going on?
    I'm completely lost on this one. You were watcing a video on TCPMP, offline and what incoming email password screen popped up?? You have to provide a little more detail in what you're trying to do and what steps you've taken before I can understand what I'm suppose to be helping you with. I'm not getting the tie-in between Gmail, Yahoo, TCPMP and a messaging button...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i apologize for being so vague

no, i'm not using versamail
    i have a 700w and i think versamail is for 650s, right?
    anyway, it's not on wm5 that i can find

by messaging tab i meant on the bottom left of the today screen

as far as tcpmp and the log in intruding, i was still hooked up to active sync and i think that might have something to do with it
    i disconnected from the sync, and was able to watch the clip with no problems

basically i want to be able to open email attachments but whether it's yahoo (i think you need to pay for this option), gmail, or hotmail, i'm not able to do so

can you help?

thanks in advance
    I'm sorry...I'm not familiar with the WM OS. While you're in whatever app you're using, have you hit the menu button and checked your options and settings out? Maybe there's something about attachments that's not setup yet?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    yeah, i just got the phone
    i'm going to have to dig a bit deeper

thanks for helping