View Poll Results: What kind of input do you want your next Treo to have?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keyboard

62 75.61%
  • Full-Frontal Touch Screen

6 7.32%
  • Sliding Keyboard

14 17.07%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been seeing people all across this future Treos sub-forum declaring their desire for a keyboard-less Treo or for the Treo to keep the thumb board. I think it might be time to take a tally...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Any human can type faster than they can write and I am not just saying slightly faster I am saying double the speed..

The average person write about 30 WPM, a two fingered typer can easily type 30 words per min.. Most computer users can hit easily 60-90 WPM.
    Not to mention that on the Treo, you can do it with one hand, much more convenient than having to write everything.
    Keyboard all the way. I can't imagine my mobile life without one.
    First it was the antenna..., now, questions are being asked about the utility of the keyboard.

Why don't these quys just go out and buy a Nokia (or a RAZR) instead of s*r*wing-up what is essentially a perfect form-factor and design.
    one hand touchscreen keys w foldout qwerty . gota have a larger screen
    Fold out key board - no, takes too much room. I find the screen to be the right size for the Treo.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    First it was the antenna..., now, questions are being asked about the utility of the keyboard.

Why don't these quys just go out and buy a Nokia (or a RAZR) instead of s*r*wing-up what is essentially a perfect form-factor and design.
    perfect form factor ? why would anyone prefer the current bricky Treo form factor after holding a HTC S620 (Tmo Dash) or Samsung Blackjack ?

Anyways... the point isn't what's wrong with the Treo form factor, but rather why can't Palm recognize that people have very diverse needs and preferences. Me, I think the perfect form factor was the Samsung i500, a small Palm flipphone (with no QWERTY). So I'd love a RAZR/A900m that ran PalmOS and had a touch screen and no QWERTY.
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    perfect form factor? bricky
    "bricky" is all subjective, I don't think anybody minds a bricky wallet, if it is filled with money.

The Treo form factor (and general shape) according to me is unmatched by any other mobile phone. It's a classic.
    s*r*wing-up
    Did you type it that way or did the filter edit it? I didn't know screwing was a bad word!

Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch View Post
    one hand touchscreen keys w foldout qwerty . gota have a larger screen
    A foldout qwerty is just another thing that could break...

Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    perfect form factor ? why would anyone prefer the current bricky Treo
    I don't think the Treo is "bricky" at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Did you type it that way or did the filter edit it? I didn't know screwing was a bad word!
    It is better to be safe with such things... Besides it could be a cultural thing. I just would'nt want to spend my time defending myself for some idiotic (and inconsequential, and irrelevant) slips where there are so many better things to be done before I die. (like write this post, for example)
    "bricky" is all subjective, I don't think anybody minds a bricky wallet, if it is filled with money.
    I disagree completely with this. I hate a big wallet. Its bulky and uncomfortable. I never carry cash, and only carry 2 cards, my debit card and my drivers license. All my credit cards, store cards, club cards etc are at home, where they belong. Of course this can be inconvenient, e.g. not having change for the parking meter or not being able to buy a hot dog as they don't take cards, but I already carry a large PDA Phone, I'm not going to carry anything else if I can help it.

I cant want for those near field phones thats supposed to kill cash once and for all!

BTW, I voted keyboard, but it would be so much better if this poll was somewhere more neutral like Engadget, vs the Treo forum, for obvious reasons.

Surur
    You should put in a number-pad option, it can input words very fast.
    I bet even my old thumbs can thumbpad quicker than a 15 year old can T9. Hell yes on keeping the keyboard.
    Loose the keyboard...loose me as a customer. Its that simple. Either sliding or full front is fine...but no keyboard = no me.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    A "full frontal" NON-sliding keyboard is the #1 reason I own a Treo. If that goes away, I go away.
    yep. keyboard all the way. yeah the Treo may be considered big by some. but its just fine by corporate standards. Much bulkier (not to mention ugly) bberries out there. Sliding keyboard is a no-go for me too. I love being able to type one handed when I have to. I've seen people on the train fumbling to slide open thier keyboards and then desparately trying to reach thier thumb over to the other side of the keyboard to type something.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    For me, the keyboard has become a must-have.
    The Treo form factor works very well for me. I am always wary of hinges and sliders.
    I think that the keyboard should stay in the current Treo design. However, I would like to see a Palm with a large screen and a keyboard to be used more as a connected PDA rather than as my phone.
    In either case, my preference is still for a keyboard.
    Wouldn't that make it a little large??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast