View Poll Results: What kind of input do you want your next Treo to have?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keyboard

62 75.61%
  • Full-Frontal Touch Screen

6 7.32%
  • Sliding Keyboard

14 17.07%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Definitely keep the thumb keypad! Thinner would be very, very nice.

Tried the 6700 and the 8525, sent em both back, mostly because of the OS, but also because sliding that darn keyboard open 15 gazillion times a day got old.

With the good ol treo, just whip it out, and go to typing.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Keyboard!!

The slider on my T3 got very old.
    Id like to change my vote. I originally voted for sliding but thinking about my fiance' and her 6700, theres no way she could type one handed.

I would miss that. Full frontal for me.

Christina are you saying you wouldnt want it bigger? (grinz)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Id like to change my vote. I originally voted for sliding but thinking about my fiance' and her 6700, theres no way she could type one handed.

I would miss that. Full frontal for me.
    Why are guys always clamoring for "full frontal"??

Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Christina are you saying you wouldnt want it bigger? (grinz)
    Only when referring to the Treo...
    Ok - So I chose 'keyboard'

But we may be limiting ourselves with this poll. These new fleable displays may be the way of the future. That, combined with an 'on screen' board my be the way to go. Or, instead of a slide out qwerty, may a rolling / foling qwerty.

Good survery anyway
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Why are guys always clamoring for "full frontal"??
    We like touching knobs and buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Only when referring to the Treo...
    Oh, were we? Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    We like touching knobs and buttons.
    Last edited by Christinac130; 04/18/2007 at 12:37 PM.
    You guys crack me up!! I voted keyboard, most definitely!! I agree with Kaytsus that we like touching knobs and buttons and with Christina that, in the case of our Treos, we don't want them bigger (but they're not "bricky" either!). I love my hot crimson Treo 680 and its form factor!
    Well it looks like keyboard-haters are going to get thier wish fulfilled.
    Personally the reason I get a Treo is because of the keyboard. I guess if they really do go all non-keyboard then I'm moving on to the Blackberry for good.

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13071

"In the wake of the announcement of its latest product, one of Palm, Inc.'s co-founders has hinted that a Treo smartphone without a built-in keyboard might be in the cards.

Last week, Palm announced the Foleo Mobile Companion, a laptop-shaped device designed to act in conjunction with a smartphone. This will offer a larger screen and keyboard than can be included in any Treo.

Since that announcement, Palm's Jeff Hawkins told CNET that because the Foleo gives smartphone users the option of full-sized keyboard, then it might no longer be necessary for the Treo to have its own smaller one.

I don't want to reveal too much. But I can now think through the problem differently. I can think through tradeoffs. Well, if I have something with a bigger screen and a keyboard -- whether it looks like this (Foleo) or something else -- where I can view and manipulate data, does it change how I design this guy (pointing to Treo)? Yes.

Hawkins also suggested that Treo with larger screens or smaller form factors might also be possible."
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Personally the reason I get a Treo is because of the keyboard.
    Same here. The (unbeatable) keyboard is one of the defining features of a "Treo". (As was the antenna, not so long ago . But I have to agree, they did a good job of it without the antenna too.)

Might as well get the iPhone and be done with it.

- mvk
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Same here. The (unbeatable) keyboard is one of the defining features of a "Treo". (As was the antenna, not so long ago . But I have to agree, they did a good job of it without the antenna too.)

Might as well get the iPhone and be done with it.

- mvk
    It will be a long wait if you want to see how Plam innovates.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Direct brain interface
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Now THAT's funny!

More seriously, we know Palm has been working on some secret innovations for some time. So I think in the next year we'll see some interesting things come out of them. We may love some, likely hate some, but I think they're going to move away from the current design per-se.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some things that look more like the Blackberry Curve (yump) and large screen non-keyboard devices (yuck, unless it resembles something more like an iPhone in industrial design)
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    perfect form factor ? why would anyone prefer the current bricky Treo form factor after holding a HTC S620 (Tmo Dash) or Samsung Blackjack ?

Anyways... the point isn't what's wrong with the Treo form factor, but rather why can't Palm recognize that people have very diverse needs and preferences. Me, I think the perfect form factor was the Samsung i500, a small Palm flipphone (with no QWERTY). So I'd love a RAZR/A900m that ran PalmOS and had a touch screen and no QWERTY.
    AMEN to that. Graffiti always worked great on the i500, and was a perfect compromise for emails and light editing. I've had numerous keyboard based devices, including the Blackjack now, and I defy ANYONE to show they edited/input more than a few paragraphs in those things. Your thumbs will fall off first. Protect the screen; give me onscreen with a memory slot, and we are in HEAVEN!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I played with a co-workers BB Pearl today and that trackball is HOT.

Damn that thing was excellent. Hopefully with those "secret innovations" everyone refers to something similar will be out soon with newer Treos.

Oh and WITH a keyboard.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12