1. JMJ
    I'm in the medical field and plan on purchasing a Treo phone. I am currently using Verizon as my carrier, and I am quite happy with their service. Through my limited research, I've found they only carry the 700 series phone.

1. Is this currenlty the phone of choice for Mac users?

2. Anything is particular I should know about its limitations?

3. Who has the best deal on these phones currently. I will be purchasing this phone at full market price (i.e. I am not eligible for a phone upgrade until January).

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by JMJ; 04/13/2007 at 05:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    I'm in the medical field and plan on purchasing a Treo phone. I am currently using Verizon as my carrier, and I am quite happy with their service. Through my limited research, I've found they only carry the 700 series phone.

1. Is this currenlty the phone of choice for Mac users?

2. Anything is particular I should know about its limitations?

3. Who has the best deal on these phones currently? I cannot upgrade my phone until January.
    Then keep an eye on the market, but dont make a choice yet, because alot of stuff can happen between now and then.

There are rumors about a 755 comming which should look like 750/680, aka no visible antenna.
    No offense, but you are jumping the gun just a bit, especially if you aren't looking to get a phone until the end of the year. The smartphone market changes so fast, and Palm in particular, has some plans for later this year. If you want to get a phone now, the 700P with Verizon is the latest. There are a lot of medical applications you can use.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    No offense, but you are jumping the gun just a bit, especially if you aren't looking to get a phone until the end of the year. The smartphone market changes so fast, and Palm in particular, has some plans for later this year.
    To add onto this, Palm has said they will release a new Linux-based Palm Smartphone by the end of the year which might solve many of the 700p's lag issues. The 755p should be released in May, with minor changes from the 700p (besides form factor). The industry changes soo fast these days, so feel free to hang out and scour the forums here. Much info can be found here, including info on other smartphones.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Buy it and enjoy, with the mac look into misssing sync, check out the mac forums of TC.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    Buy it and enjoy, with the mac look into misssing sync, check out the mac forums of TC.
    But, he's not even eligible for a price break until January? You're basically advising him to throw money at a product that will be "outdated" by the time he would be able to get a good discount on a more current device...
  7. JMJ
    I think I've been misunderstood.

I'm planning on buying the phone at maret price right now. I'm not waiting until January. I'm wondering who has the best deals. Thanks for the responses though. I will make the original post more clear.