Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, this may be a dumb question, but here goes... Does anyone have any clue when we can expect the windows version of the upcoming 755p? Based on what I have been reading, Palm will have to release a new device to support the 320x320 resolution of WM6. Yes, I know there are upgrade plans for WM6 on the Treo 750's, but new hardware will need to be in place to support the higher resolution. I'm trying to hold out, but I may need to bite the bullet and go with upcoming 755p, if the 755w is way off. Of course, this assumes the 755p will be out in the coming month. Any thoughts?
    yeah it's called the 750. the 755p is the palm version of the 750.
  3.    #3  
    According to Palm Support, a new device will be created that will support the higher resolution for WM6. I guess this could be the 750, but that would be rather confusing, since the current model only supports the lower resolution. Makes you wonder if it should have been 750p instead of the new 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    yeah it's called the 750. the 755p is the palm version of the 750.
    No. There is no Palm version of the 750. A Palm version of the 750 would have to be a 3G GSM device.

The 755 is just a slightly "different" 700p.
  5.    #5  
    According to my contact at Palm, the Treo 750 will retain the 240x240 resolution, even after the Windows Mobile 6 upgrade. So I can only assume that a future Treo 755w will be released to support the higher 320x320 resolution. Since I haven't seen any mention of the 755w model, I assume that it will be later this year. So the 755p might be the best bet for now, unless you feel like sticking with the older 700p or 700wx models.
    Don't worry Palm will add some arbitary number on top of 755 to make it "newer".

So expect the Treo 760 or 766 in a local phone store near you.
    When is a new WM6 device going to come out! I dont see anything on anywhere about it...??/
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post
    When is a new WM6 device going to come out! I dont see anything on anywhere about it...??/
    June 31st.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by brianss View Post
    According to my contact at Palm, the Treo 750 will retain the 240x240 resolution, even after the Windows Mobile 6 upgrade. So I can only assume that a future Treo 755w will be released to support the higher 320x320 resolution. Since I haven't seen any mention of the 755w model, I assume that it will be later this year. So the 755p might be the best bet for now, unless you feel like sticking with the older 700p or 700wx models.
    Y'know, for all the hoo-hah about 320 x 320 compared to 240 x 240 . . . .

Last night I put my 700wx side-by-side with my wife's 650. The 700wx looked fine. I didn't feel like I was a second-class citizen (pixel-wise) at all. Text was just as readable. Pix are prettier on the 650 but I can live with that. They're fine on the 700wx.

The only thing that griped me about the 700wx is . . . sooooo much BLUE. But that's Microsoft's fault. Musta bought a lot of blue pixel-dust on close-out to install on WM5.
    Try the guava theme under Settings>Today. I always found it a bit more classy in red.

Surur
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    i cannot wait till verizon gets the 6800-I just hope it comes in black

it's going to be my 'upgraded treo'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Y'know, for all the hoo-hah about 320 x 320 compared to 240 x 240 . . . .

Last night I put my 700wx side-by-side with my wife's 650. The 700wx looked fine. I didn't feel like I was a second-class citizen (pixel-wise) at all. Text was just as readable. Pix are prettier on the 650 but I can live with that. They're fine on the 700wx.

The only thing that griped me about the 700wx is . . . sooooo much BLUE. But that's Microsoft's fault. Musta bought a lot of blue pixel-dust on close-out to install on WM5.
    Well if you think it looks good at 240x240, then 320x320 will look 100 times better (I think, at least it should).

The other issue to consider is program incompatibility. Most programs are designed to run at 240x320, so the 240x240 screen often leads to a scroll bar or squished graphics. Having a 320x320 screen would hopefully help alleviate that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    June 31st.
    Newbie here to the Forum...and I have been wondering about Mobile 6 for some time now. Do you have any more information about the specs/changes on the OS (compared to Ver 5), how long it will be for Treo or Moto to update their products to carry the new OS...and how long for Verizon to carry these new products?? I know all these are very speculative questions, but maybe you've followed some threads/sites that I haven't. Thanks very much in advance!
    You know, i spoke with my corp rep from sprint, and it it, he mentioned a 755wx to launch in july or august of 07. Anyone else have more info?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post
    You know, i spoke with my corp rep from sprint, and it it, he mentioned a 755wx to launch in july or august of 07. Anyone else have more info?
    That sounds about right, I spoke with a district manager and he said to expect a windows version of the 755 in 2 monthes from now (may).
    I hope the 755wx has all the instant messanger clianets like the 755p..
    Quote Originally Posted by kangolslimm View Post
    I hope the 755wx has all the instant messanger clianets like the 755p..
    Why? the app that comes with the 755p is text based and sucks i heard. Plus the im apps that carriers give you usally suck. there are many good 3rd party apps out there that have more features and just are all arnd alot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslisfree View Post
    That sounds about right, I spoke with a district manager and he said to expect a windows version of the 755 in 2 monthes from now (may).
    My neighbor works for one of the NW US vice presidents of marketing, and he said it was immenent. That could mean a week, a month, or who knows? Time is irrelevant to marketing types, only dollars and cents. He did say it would be the 755w, have 320x320, and run WM6.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Seems like we would see a 755W prototype by now if this was coming anytime soon, like in june). I'm still not sure what I want to do. Upgrade from 650 to 755P, PPC6800, 755W? The choices! Just wish we had more of them now. I'll probably at least wait until Hawkins gives more hints to what's coming. I don't think I can wait for a completely new first generation device to come out around the end of the year. I'm a citizen of the USA. I just don't have that kind of patience.

Of course, if Palm has standardized the hardware, then putting WM 6 on a 755 may not take much. Maybe it wouldn't even need to be approved by FCC. But then that means it probably wouldn't be Rev. A right? I just hope we hear soon and Sprint gets it when it first becomes available.
    Last edited by scsanden; 05/20/2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Other thoughts added
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    June 31st.
    Could you please tell us more? Is this date for a Treo, PPC6800, Sprint device? Most importantly, is this a fairly solid date for the 755W. Seems like it would be a good move for Sprint or Verizon since the iPhone will be released around the same time on ATT.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast