1.    #1  
    I can not connect to our email server without being connect to our VPN.

Is there a way to do this with the Treo?
  2.    #2  
    I tried wireless Sync available through Verizon. I can not get it to work due to the proxy/vpn on our network.

Is there any easy way to figure out what the proxy address is for a VPN?

When you connect off of the corporate network from home you must go through a VPN. The VPN password is through SecurID

You also can connect to email through remote access. This also makes you login online before being able to visit the link to login to OWA, however, you do not need to use your securID. The web address is remote.companyname.com you then login to get to mail....

Any ideas?

One of my coworkers has Cingular and has used Cingulars version of wireless sync succesfully...
    Last edited by stumpy59; 04/14/2007 at 07:00 PM.
    Not knowing any more about your architecture I'd say you'd need a third party VPN client on your phone, unless you're using a Windows based IPSec server or just PP2P.

Speaking as a network engineer that's in charge of securing the network while still providing my users the access they need I would highly recommend that you contact your IT department to determine if there's an authorized, approved method for getting to your mail remotely.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    Not knowing any more about your architecture I'd say you'd need a third party VPN client on your phone, unless you're using a Windows based IPSec server or just PP2P.

Speaking as a network engineer that's in charge of securing the network while still providing my users the access they need I would highly recommend that you contact your IT department to determine if there's an authorized, approved method for getting to your mail remotely.
    When you say 3rd party VPN client what are you talking about?

To be honest, I read the IT security policy. It is actually against our IT policy to use a personal device to receive company email. Only company issued devices are to be used due to "security issues"

that being said. I can visit remote06.companyname.com and login to our VPN online and then access OWA that way, however, its not a great solution since it is web based. As I said a coworker uses Cingulars version of wirless sync to get her email pushed to her phone. When i installed wireless sync, however, I got proxy errors... Even when connected in the office.
    I just got my 700wx a couple of weeks ago so I'm not familiar with what software is available. What I meant by 3rd party software was that you wouldn't be able to use the built-in VPN client on your phone to access your VPN. A search here for "windows mobile, vpn" should turn a few things up.

I don't know what Cingular's wireless sync is or how it works so I can't tell you how your coworker is using it to circumvent your network controls. At this point in time though I'm afraid I'm not able to help much more. Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks.

The good news I've got wireless sync pushing me mail to my treo when i connect remotely. When i connect in the office, however, I cannot get it to push my email...