1.    #1  
    Well spotted. And the 320x320 being repeated is probably one for PalmOS and one for WM.

Surur
  3.    #3  
    Would they require different physical screens?

I was thinking it was for different form factors, where the physical size of the screen is different, but the resolution is the same. Or that they were disguising the 480x480 screen in the presentation.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Should we assume that the green boxes are "standard" features for all Treos and the purple boxes are "optional" features subject to change between models?

I'm glad to see 240x240 completely eliminated from the screen resolutions listed. But I am puzzled about the dual 320x320 screens unless it really is a cover-up for a future 480x480 WM6 device. Or maybe they consider the current POS 320x320 screen the "large" one and they are going to go with a eyestrain-inducing tiny 320x320 Treo in the future? Either way, I would think that all other things being equal, WM & POS devices could share LCDs with no problems (as long as both OSes support that particular LCD resolution).

On that note, it's interesting to see IRDA as possibly optional. Maybe they are going to go with a tiny-screened, entry level Treo that omits IR. Remember how the early Treo 680 rumors said it didn't have IR?
    WiFi? Must be fake.
    Actually 240X320 is interesting.

That's vertical or horizontal?
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Wi-fi? Easy. Palm will release a Palm-branded miniSDIO w-fi card. They'll price it at $100 and cut the old wi-fi SD card waaaay down in price.

They won't release POS drivers for the card, of course, but future WM6 Treos and the WM6 upgrade for the 750 will probably support it natively.

So that makes everyone happy (kinda/sorta). Palm can point to their card when/if the users & shareholders make a fuss and it still placates the carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Actually 240X320 is interesting.

That's vertical or horizontal?
    Thats vertical. Interestingly it could be WM or Linux, as most of the Linux phones seem to have that resolution, and it has become a standard panel size.

Surur
  9.    #9  
    I noticed that the size and shape of the larger 320x320 screen, the 1800mah battery, and keypad 1 are all roughly proportional to current Treos.

At the risk of reading too much into a simple graphic, this could mean that the smaller 320x320 screen is exactly that, a smaller 320x320 screen. And the smaller keypad truly represents the proportions of a new (tiny) keypad.

That might mean a true candybar form-factor. That might also mean the folding form-factor of a Foleo.
    Everyone, the smaller 320x320 screen looks to be a typo to me. I bet it was supposed to read 240x240. Look at the 320x320 and 240x320 screens - They are propotional, meaning that the smaller screen should also be proportional, making it 240x240.
    I doubt it. The spoke about a common platform for WM and PalmOS. PalmOS does not do 240x240.

Surur
    Possibly a reference to the continued support of existing WM5 phones? Or possibly Palm will be shipping one more WM Treo with 240x240.