Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I am in the middle of a buying decision regarding which Treo to buy. Sorry, I can't find it now but sometime last week I saw a series of postings/comparisons of pros/cons of p vs. wx for the Palm 700. Can someone please dircct me to that? Thanks.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick response. After re-reading it's still 6 of one..half dozen of the other!
    Have you had a prior Palm device?

Do you have any software to bring forward or that you would have to replace by going to WM5?
    The watershed question for me is whether work requirements = make your phone talk to an Exchange Server. If so (and this was the case for me) you go for the 700wx.

If you are a normal person and not an inveterate tinkerer, I think you will be happy with the 700p. If you use it out of the box with the native apps as Palm, Inc. designed it I don't think you will have any problems.

The same thing is probably true about the 700wx -- just use it out of the box and you won't have any problems.

Unfortunately, whether you buy a 700p or a 700wx the time will come when you morph into an inveterate tinkerer. You'll add stuff onto your Treo just because you can. I mock those people who want to use their Treo as a remote control for their TV. Hah. Yet I will be that person someday.

I'm being wishy-washy here. Assuming the Exchange Server thing at work doesn't push you one way or another, then I don't think you can go wrong. Less tech-obsessed friends of mine have been happy with the 700p. This forum is full of tech-obsessed people who push the 700p to its limit then want more.

I started with the 650 (PalmOS predecessor to the 700p) then moved to the 700wx. I think the 700p would be a great introduction to the smartphone world.

And anyway, you'll get addicted and get another Treo anyway. So treat the purchase as a temporary event, have fun with your Treo, and then get another.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    The watershed question for me is whether work requirements = make your phone talk to an Exchange Server. If so (and this was the case for me) you go for the 700wx.

If you are a normal person and not an inveterate tinkerer, I think you will be happy with the 700p. If you use it out of the box with the native apps as Palm, Inc. designed it I don't think you will have any problems.

The same thing is probably true about the 700wx -- just use it out of the box and you won't have any problems.

Unfortunately, whether you buy a 700p or a 700wx the time will come when you morph into an inveterate tinkerer. You'll add stuff onto your Treo just because you can. I mock those people who want to use their Treo as a remote control for their TV. Hah. Yet I will be that person someday.

I'm being wishy-washy here. Assuming the Exchange Server thing at work doesn't push you one way or another, then I don't think you can go wrong. Less tech-obsessed friends of mine have been happy with the 700p. This forum is full of tech-obsessed people who push the 700p to its limit then want more.

I started with the 650 (PalmOS predecessor to the 700p) then moved to the 700wx. I think the 700p would be a great introduction to the smartphone world.

And anyway, you'll get addicted and get another Treo anyway. So treat the purchase as a temporary event, have fun with your Treo, and then get another.
    My last two PDA's were windows OS (HP DPA's) and we use Exchange Server at work. (Had a Palm 8+ years ago.) I have no software to migrate, pretty much used the DPA's straight out of box. While the compatabality to Windows Exchange Server would lean me toward wx version, it sounds a little intimidating. I will probably just use built in capabilities, not add much software, try to keep it as simple as possible.
    you would like the extra things palm has done with the wm os. i think it is the most stable of all the wm devices.
    work is willing to give me a used 700w for free because of "problems" they are having. Basically they all want the new 6800 coming out for verizon. Should I stick with my trust ol 650 or give the 700w a go. I don't use data, but figured might as well try it out and if I don't like it swap esn's.