Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    Well, i buying a HTC S710 and am looking forward to the Yahoo mobile app, being able to upload photos to FLICKR is my main thing!

I sure hope Palm's next OS has major internet ties! Integration with mobile services and online social websites. Flickr, MySpace, AIM, del.icio.us, eBay, etc. It would also be nice if I could buy a .Mac account and have it sync with my Treo.

Until Palm can do all of that, and I really think they can! Since they build their OS and their hardware... im leaving from Palm.
    That is a very good point... they already seem to have some integration with googlmaps and m.youtube etc, but Apple seems to have done much better integration on the iPhone it seems than Palm.

As far as del.ico.us, have you tried mobilicio?

http://mobilicio.us/www/

I TC even published an article on it a while ago.

ANyone know of any good mobile links to facebook, flikr etc? I found a flickr mobile link for overseas users but none for those in NA...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    oh, and visual voicemail would be a killer app!
    If you watch the apple presentation, the visual voicemail implementation on the iPHone is slick as hell! I only wish Palm could do something like that on a Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    If you watch the apple presentation, the visual voicemail implementation on the iPHone is slick as hell! I only wish Palm could do something like that on a Treo...
    Yep, this is really a big deal IMO, probably one one the key advantages of the iPhone. But it shouldn't be too long before it's available for all. See here.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    \they already seem to have some integration with googlmaps and m.youtube etc, but Apple seems to have done much better integration on the iPhone it seems than Palm.
    I'm not too sure if this is a good thing. "Integration" can be a double edged sword.

On the one hand we want choice, while on the other, we actually want to pay for being tied-down to the Apple-Google-AT&T, big-brother, all inclusive-intrusive, mega-corporation. This, because of the perceived "convenience."

Palm, whatever its other failings gives us choice. It is another matter that some apps are simply not available for the Palm, and they are saddled with an ageing OS from the pre-internet-boom era. having failed to keep-up with the times.

- mvk
    I wish there was an app or database of some time that contained the entire tax code. It would make my life easier.
    Oh- another thing I wish was available- I wish penreader.com would come out with a full interface translation version of PiLoc for the 700p. They've only got a bare-bones version w/no interface translation now. I want my phone in Russian, dangit.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    I'd like an app that allows me to navigate links in Blazer in Wide mode (the way left and right nav do in Optimized mode)
    I'd love to have Helio's buddy find system -- that of course, would require a gps chip to be built-in, but damn, that's a sweet feature/app. I think it's called buddy beacon -- you can see where you are on google maps, and then see other people on there too.
    gfunk, plaxo's 3.0 version promises to do all that syncing... I haven't looked at it in depth yet tho. the new version JUST came out.
    Also, for syncing, there's COZI, a new player that is aiming for over the air sync by this fall.
    I want a dedicated key that will link me to IphoneCentral.com where I can see people complain about all the short comings of their phone and how Steve Jobs is a con man, and how their keyboard needs improvement etc. etc.
    Last edited by RICHINMJ; 06/26/2007 at 09:08 PM.
    how about a treadmill?
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345