Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    the mobile facebook site is pretty good on the Treos.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    Native Palm OS IM program... since Nokia killed Verichat! *ergg*

and... a Palm OS MySpace program. Just allow the viewing of people's comments, inbox, friend requests, bulletings, etc... the small things! Except not in a web browser, but the Palm OS. This way, it could push through notifications of a new MySpace message or comment live, directly to the Palm OS... like a SMS message. That would be amazing!!!
    I like that.

I really belive the next 'big thing' will be a social networking program on cell phones. Weather it's myspace or face book or a new company. Someone will bring it to cell phones with in the next 2 years (maybe sooner)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    the mobile facebook site is pretty good on the Treos.
    Definitely. One of the better done adaptation to a mobile site out there I've found. Nytime.com is the best adaptation I've found by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    I like that.

I really belive the next 'big thing' will be a social networking program on cell phones. Weather it's myspace or face book or a new company. Someone will bring it to cell phones with in the next 2 years (maybe sooner)
    This enterprise solution may interest you: http://www.neighborhoodamerica.com/sol_mobile.asp
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Pocket Informant.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Voice dialing support over bluetooth.

Everything else I want is just fixes for instability/bugs; I don't count that as something that as an app that I wish existed, but something that ought to be done as a matter of course. Then again, the "app" I wished for should probably be that way too.
  7.    #67  
    <moved own app to general >

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    With any luck, this might happen.

Looks like it's finally happen!

http://m.youtube.com/

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9.    #69  
    I think I've finally decided the ONE apps I definitely want is Google Maps with the GPS API's available for palmos...it would be awesome to have the option to using google maps with Turn by Turn directions with your gps receiver. ANy dev that can do this and provide voice turn by turn functionality would get my $$$....

I know it won't happen soon if ever, and my fellow geeks may throw Palm Stylii at me because it's for rednecks but...

Qchat/HPPTT (high performance push to talk.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I cannot say for the 700 only, as this is something I'd like to see on every phone (Treo et al):
    A Jaiku-style address book (online presence, ability to 'twit', mild location settings) that integrates with a profile system and the phone app.

Jaiku: http://jaiku.com

If you will, I'd like for people to be able to look me up in their addy book and see if I am available to talk or not. If I am not, or I am busy as noted in my calendar, I'd like the phone to automatically push all but emergency calls to voice mail or text messaging.

A living addy book, not the static stuff we have now.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I wish sprint still offered the yahoo mobile app they had for the 650. it was push yahoo email. They have something similar for regular phones but its for java :/ boo. I also wish the overclocker & the dream diary I had on my 650 worked on my 700. oh- and a WIFI dealy would be nice!!!
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    A Citrix client. IIRC they demonstrated one a couple of years ago, but never released it.

Or a reliable lottery numbers prediction program?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Looks like it's finally happen!

http://m.youtube.com/

Tks gfunk
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    I cannot say for the 700 only, as this is something I'd like to see on every phone (Treo et al):
    A Jaiku-style address book (online presence, ability to 'twit', mild location settings) that integrates with a profile system and the phone app.

Jaiku: http://jaiku.com

If you will, I'd like for people to be able to look me up in their addy book and see if I am available to talk or not. If I am not, or I am busy as noted in my calendar, I'd like the phone to automatically push all but emergency calls to voice mail or text messaging.

A living addy book, not the static stuff we have now.
    Hey that's pretty cool.... which reminds me that it would be nice if google calender could be syned over the air to the palm calendar on the Treo somehow. That would be a neat app imo as well...

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Hey that's pretty cool.... which reminds me that it would be nice if google calender could be syned over the air to the palm calendar on the Treo somehow. That would be a neat app imo as well...
    You mean GooSync?

Last I tried it, not so good with recurring events, categories, and sometimes farked up my meetings by 1h. Hopefully most of that is fixed, I might give it another try this week if I have time.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Well, i buying a HTC S710 and am looking forward to the Yahoo mobile app, being able to upload photos to FLICKR is my main thing!

I sure hope Palm's next OS has major internet ties! Integration with mobile services and online social websites. Flickr, MySpace, AIM, del.icio.us, eBay, etc. It would also be nice if I could buy a .Mac account and have it sync with my Treo.

Until Palm can do all of that, and I really think they can! Since they build their OS and their hardware... im leaving from Palm.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    oh, and visual voicemail would be a killer app!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    You'll gonna think I am nuts.......but verizon get it now. What a pain it was to get hammy the hampster on my treo!
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    You mean GooSync?

Last I tried it, not so good with recurring events, categories, and sometimes farked up my meetings by 1h. Hopefully most of that is fixed, I might give it another try this week if I have time.

OKay that is friggin cool! THat is an awesome way to share and OTA sync your calendar. Can multiple people sync to the same google calendar then to keep up to date on shared events? I see a lot of utility for this... Now if goosync could send you a text everytime an edit or change was made to notify you of a change that would be even better....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast