Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Other than a native skype client and video conferencing software, I would love to see browser compatibility with main yourtube portal instead of usign something like mtube.
    With any luck, this might happen.
    built in taser
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    automated voicemail greeting updater. such that I could have a number of mp3 greetings prerecorded like "im in a meeting" "im not working today" and I just hit a button or two and it updates my voicemail greeting whith the mp3 I select.

yeh, I use sharkmessage but a lot of people still call me from land lines.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd View Post
    automated voicemail greeting updater. such that I could have a number of mp3 greetings prerecorded like "im in a meeting" "im not working today" and I just hit a button or two and it updates my voicemail greeting whith the mp3 I select.

yeh, I use sharkmessage but a lot of people still call me from land lines.
    That would be a cool app! Probably have to be a provider supplied one though.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I don't think so. You just need a drop down or radio button to sellect your carrier, so it knows which number to dial, as well as the number sequence to enter to get to the 'record new greeting' promp. then i imagine just use your mp3 player to play the song. i seem to think that some programs will play "background noise" based mp3's while we are on a call, so it will sound like we are someplace else. it 'should' be simple enough. but then, i've never written a single plam based program in my life. :-)
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd View Post
    I don't think so. You just need a drop down or radio button to sellect your carrier, so it knows which number to dial, as well as the number sequence to enter to get to the 'record new greeting' promp. then i imagine just use your mp3 player to play the song. i seem to think that some programs will play "background noise" based mp3's while we are on a call, so it will sound like we are someplace else. it 'should' be simple enough. but then, i've never written a single plam based program in my life. :-)
    Creative, and yet seems possible! That would definitely make changing your voicemail easier!
    I wish it had an OS that works!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Self-Destruct Mechanism.

Or, a keystroke combination that would turn it into a BB 8830 or an iPhone.
    I very much wish they would improve the voice recognition functionality. The lack of bluetooth voice dialing really annoys me, especially when I am driving. I know the processors on these things are not amazing, but when I don't have the same functionality that exists on a cheap basic bluetooth enabled phone, I get very frustrated. This should have been resolved in the Treo 650, nevermind the 700P, 700W, 700WX, 750 or the 680!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Other than a native skype client and video conferencing software, I would love to see browser compatibility with main yourtube portal instead of usign something like mtube. I would also like to see more emus out there for Garnet, specifically i would love to see a ps1 emu...
    We already have a PS1 emulator (check the zodiac forums on emuboards, then Tinnus did some work to port it to non-Z palmOS) but it's really only a tech demo since not much is fast enough to be playable.

What I really want to see is integrated flash support in the browser (and better javascript support). There's a standalone flash program but it only can handle flash from 2 or 3 generations ago and poorly at that.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    We already have a PS1 emulator (check the zodiac forums on emuboards, then Tinnus did some work to port it to non-Z palmOS) but it's really only a tech demo since not much is fast enough to be playable.

What I really want to see is integrated flash support in the browser (and better javascript support). There's a standalone flash program but it only can handle flash from 2 or 3 generations ago and poorly at that.
    I think Piscel browser on the old clies supported that didn't they? It would be cool if some one could hack that to work on the Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  12.    #52  
    Anyway I have a couple more:

• Decent bluetooth voice dialing software!!
    • Speech To Text software!

I can't believe there is still is NO solution for Palmos on the Treo to dial via BT headset voice dialing or voice commands. I dunno if this is because of the BT limitations of the Treo or PalmOS itself but there must be a solution for this ASAP!

Secondly, I would love to see native speech-to-text dictation software for PalmOS. I know this would be pretty hard on the hardware, but I think it should be possible. Think of the possibilities of native dictation applications for medical and etc transcription? I would love to have an app like that on my Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'd love to be able to listen to Pandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    I just want an IM client that will function seamlessly and follow me wherever I am. When I'm on my computer it sends the messages there. Then when I leave I click a button, flip a switch, whatever, and now the messages are sent to my phone via SMS (since I don't have EVDO and can't be always on without missing calls). In this Web 2.0 world it doesn't seem like that much to ask for.
    diddo
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Palm OS Colbalt with Netfront browser. ffs why did they even show us Colbalt and never release it?
    I have been looking for an app that will disconnect the phone from EVDO after a specified amount of time, to save battery. I have requested this app for a year now. Used to be one for my 600 called Treo conection manager. If any one knows of one that works on the 700p let me know. Thanks,
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks for sharing the Links - I've been trying these, as well as a few different applications (Next on the 'test' list is WebMessenger, Inc. ) Still, no good. Hopefully these will fullfill someone elses needs.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Native Palm OS IM program... since Nokia killed Verichat! *ergg*

and... a Palm OS MySpace program. Just allow the viewing of people's comments, inbox, friend requests, bulletings, etc... the small things! Except not in a web browser, but the Palm OS. This way, it could push through notifications of a new MySpace message or comment live, directly to the Palm OS... like a SMS message. That would be amazing!!!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    Native Palm OS IM program... since Nokia killed Verichat! *ergg*

and... a Palm OS MySpace program. Just allow the viewing of people's comments, inbox, friend requests, bulletings, etc... the small things! Except not in a web browser, but the Palm OS. This way, it could push through notifications of a new MySpace message or comment live, directly to the Palm OS... like a SMS message. That would be amazing!!!
    Since Myspace is dying, they should also include FaceBook incorporation.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast