Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I want my MTV! oh wait I have Slingplayer...
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I was assuming that turn by turn mapping software and other location based services would be bundled with it (GPS). . . . . . .
    Shoot...give me GoogleMaps with GPS recognition like they have on WM5!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I want a freaking native launcher that let me change the freaking names of the app and arrange the icons in my order.
    Amen!

Oh and my one wish would be voice recognition software.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I want my 700p to be able to be used as a webcam for my 'power'book. That's all...oh wait....I also want to dual boot either windowsmobile or palm depending on my mood.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    berry411
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    No specific apps, but a better looking GUI.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Puzzles in Motion! I used to have it and now I can't find it anywhere!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Built in GPS
    I'm with PH.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Omniremote. (or a stronger IR beam so Omniremote could work!) I loved messing with other people's TV's or flipping the bartender out or blanking out a wall of TVs at Best Buy as I walk through...
    Would love a stable working Fax program for 700p (Send and Receive). I had heard that CSfax has a beta program but nothing released for testing to the general public
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    I would love for logmein.com to work.
    ditto!!! VNC works fine, but I'd rather not have to have both on my computer just to log in remotely from my phone.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
    Omniremote. (or a stronger IR beam so Omniremote could work!) I loved messing with other people's TV's or flipping the bartender out or blanking out a wall of TVs at Best Buy as I walk through...
    These are better...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/884f/

For you frequent travelers who were watching Fox News in an airport bar when automagically, the channel switched to CNN, I was close...very close.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    These are better...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/884f/

For you frequent travelers who were watching Fox News in an airport bar when automagically, the channel switched to CNN, I was close...very close.

SMEGGIE

That was you?!?!?!?

Fuggin Smeggie!

haha jk. I dont travel but I couldnt resisit.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    With the utmost respect, those are not apps. But give me CallFilter that works and has full screen PicID, Profile manager for the ENTIRE Treo including email sync & BT radio. It has to deal with BOTH mp3's and built-in ringtones (unlike Lightwav), and control the system sounds. That would be a great program, if it all works!
    Hear! Hear!

And the profile manager has to let me assign specific ring tones for each entry in the address book, by profile. I'd happily trade the full screen picture ID for the ability to set different ring tones for each profile, for each person.

Actually, though, what I want isn't a 3rd party app to do this, it's for Palm to get off its collective a$$ and build into the Treo the kind of integrated functionality that we take for granted on basic cell phones that sell for a whole lot less.

The functions that Profiles, and Butler, and RingerSwitchPro, and Phone Technician, and DateBook+ and many other apps provide should be built in to the stupid phone. But given how much trouble Palm has just making the thing work, I'm pretty sure that even the promised Linux based phones will need tons of 3rd party apps to provide necessary functionality.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Amen to that... it's ridiculous that we have to go thru all this just to get the capabilities that a freebie cell phone would give us.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Shoot...give me GoogleMaps with GPS recognition like they have on WM5!!!

Check this out!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141045

Too bad though that it doesn't continuously connect to the gps signal though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeScore View Post
    Would love a stable working Fax program for 700p (Send and Receive). I had heard that CSfax has a beta program but nothing released for testing to the general public

I've tested CSFax on my Sprint 700p and it works pretty good for receiving, but I have not had success with sending. But it's been a while since I last used it. Ymmv...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  18.    #38  
    Hey Guys, please DON'T bring up things like builtin wifi, GPS, cam flash, more powerful IR etc in this thread. This is wishlist discussion on specific APPLICATIONS that you think are missing for the 700p on Garnet OS. The main reason why I created this thread is because not too long ago, most palmos users would frequently lament the paucity of certain apps that only were available on other platforms but not Palmos. For example as recently as a year ago, there were no solutions for streaming video, native pdf support etc on palmos etc...

Other than a native skype client and video conferencing software, I would love to see browser compatibility with main yourtube portal instead of usign something like mtube. I would also like to see more emus out there for Garnet, specifically i would love to see a ps1 emu...

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Check this out!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141045

Too bad though that it doesn't continuously connect to the gps signal though...
    Give me a more native GPS solution for GoogleMaps!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Hey Guys, please DON'T bring up things like builtin wifi, GPS, cam flash, more powerful IR etc in this thread. This is wishlist discussion on specific APPLICATIONS that you think are missing for the 700p on Garnet OS. The main reason why I created this thread is because not too long ago, most palmos users would frequently lament the paucity of certain apps that only were available on other platforms but not Palmos. For example as recently as a year ago, there were no solutions for streaming video, native pdf support etc on palmos etc...
    Here, here!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast