View Poll Results: When will the Treo 800 Release?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • October 07

5 16.67%
  • November 07

8 26.67%
  • December 07

17 56.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    I think a Treo in its current form factor but thinner with the keyboard that could rotate / swivel down to reveal a larger screen and switch to landscape view would be a must have
    Ditto!
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2defy View Post
    I read that article. The feedback mechanism is based purely on modifying the vibration feature that most phones already have so that the phone vibrates a little when you touch the screen, creating the illusion of tactile feedback.
    I was wrong about the article being in Popular Science. It was here http://www.mobiledia.com/news/48067.html
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    I was wrong about the article being in Popular Science. It was here http://www.mobiledia.com/news/48067.html
    Same technology, different articles.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    So I was checking out the Palm site and noticed they added 10 yr anniversary interviews and stuff. But currently the audio is not available
    Did anyone get a change to hear it.

"Ten Years. One Vision.
    Listen in as Palm President and CEO Ed Colligan, co-founders Jeff Hawkins and Donna Dubinsky, and others celebrate Palm's 10-year anniversary and give their perspective on the past, present and what users can expect next!"
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    u know - i'm excitied about this 'new product'. I was actually telling a friend about it the other day ..... not sure if my excitment is so well place... only time will tell
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Hawkins is supposed to give details in 3 weeks on this "new business/device"
    at the Mossberg conference: http://d.wsj.com/speakers/index.html

from all the hints Hawkins has given I think this one gives the most insight as to what it is:

"What are the implications of a world where everyone has a super high-speed Internet connection in their pocket and many gigabytes of storage, super-fast processors, audio, visual and multimedia? "

"How will that change computing when you have all that stuff available to you all the time?"

And he said this a few weeks ago:

"We’re going to be announcing something…but I won’t tell you what it is…we will be launching this year, not in the distant future. I’ll give you a much bigger hint: I’m going to be speaking at Walt Mossberg’s D Conference in May. It’s a high-end industry conference. Anyway, I’m going to be giving a talk there, and that would be something for the Palm fans to keep a close watch on."

Available all the time & 3rd business, not just a new device but a new business in addition to PDA's and Treo's. This is some sort of server based service combined with a new device that has a roll up 5 inch display that still fits in your pocket. That is what I think it is.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Newtonjack I’m thinking along the same lines you are.
    However I don't think its going 2 be a complete 3rd business like an UMPC. I think (hope) it will a be treo/6800 type device with wimax and upgradeable sever storage and content. I think they can get away with calling that something other then a smart phone and UMPC.
    We also know it will have wifi built in (per the investor’s conf)
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    with wimax and a VOIP client you won't need a cell phone. Its just a matter of whether this new device will fit in your pocket?
    Maybe Palm's new online backup service gives us a hint--capability on the handset interact seamlessly (we hope) with a variety of services. If so I hope they don't force users to buy from Palm or the carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Newtonjack I’m thinking along the same lines you are.
    However I don't think its going 2 be a complete 3rd business like an UMPC. I think (hope) it will a be treo/6800 type device with wimax and upgradeable sever storage and content. I think they can get away with calling that something other then a smart phone and UMPC.
    We also know it will have wifi built in (per the investor’s conf)
    I believe it will be something bigger than we think. Hawkins doesnt talk publically much and he is telling Palm fans to listen to him at the Mossberg meeting. I mean not just anyoldbody will be speaking there, look at the list, Gates, Jobs, Ballmer, Schmidt from Google. No one from dell HP Rimm but Hawkins will be there. I think Palm has a ace in the hole and the way they pissed off many Palm fans over the last year or so they better have or Palm will be in the hole and may never get out.
    Palm will announce the new Treo 800p with 200 megs of ram, 1.3 mega pixel camera with larger self portrait button and a new thumboard layout! Due in December.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael1 View Post
    Palm will announce the new Treo 800p with 200 megs of ram, 1.3 mega pixel camera with larger self portrait button and a new thumboard layout! Due in December.
    I like your thinking. i think i heard ed mention something about an 850 also - 129 mb ram, 61 mb available. 1.31 megapixel camera. blazer 4.5.0009, bt 1.2.40, and an 900 maH battery. great stuff, right?
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Maybe its the Fooleo... After all Palm has made us look like fools many times before...
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF View Post
    Maybe its the Fooleo... After all Palm has made us look like fools many times before...
    exactly... there`s the new moniker - the palm foolio.
    after the 755p announcment I'm really hoping for a bigtime product
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Palm only releases an innovative product once every 5-6 years or so. The original Palm pilot and Treo (by Handspring and current Palm brain trust) are the examples. Thus its about time they finally released something innovative again. Hopefully the hawking project or foleo or wtf its called doesn't dissapoint...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    when is the mossberg meeting?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    D5 Conference is May 29 to 31, 2007
    thanks
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    when is the mossberg meeting?
    http://d.wsj.com/schedule/index.html