1.    #1  
    Brighthand.com is releasing details that this will be linux with a Garnet layer.

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12928

It will be more UMPC.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    yep. the folio design.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I reccomend that you all check the date.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Pretty pathetic april fools mockup imo. If thats all JH has been dreaming up for all this friggin time, Palm is toast imo. I hope its something more interesting than that...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Pretty pathetic april fools mockup imo. If thats all JH has been dreaming up for all this friggin time, Palm is toast imo. I hope its something more interesting than that...
    Actually the spec sound pretty realistic.. Only the 30GB HDD and the price tipped me off. It's got the mock up picture too. I am impressed.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    The Hawkins project, aka.. the next big thing, has now been aptly termed.....

The april foolio....
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Actually the spec sound pretty realistic.. Only the 30GB HDD and the price tipped me off. It's got the mock up picture too. I am impressed.
    Yeah the specs on the mockup are fine, but how exactly would this be revolutionary or the 'next big thing" or whatever? I mean how the hell is a UMPC running linux with frankengarnet emulation gonna rock the world and save Palm arse no matter how impressive the specs?

Let's just take a step back and look objectively at Palm's history for a moment. Palm has never been a constant innovator so to speak with flashy announcement like Apple etc. They traditionally have always come up with a single innovative product every 10 years or so and the milk it with incrementalism into oblivion or until the market passes them by. Prime example are the original Palm pilot and the Treo...the two major innovative products that the Palm/Handspring brain trust have conjured up so far. Each was innovative at it's inception and has been relatively profitable for Palm as loooong as they could squeeze the profits out. They make minor incremental updates but eventualy the market and competition catches up and they become marginalized as usual. What happens next? Well of course Mr Supremo jeff Hawkins supposedly saves palm's arse once again with something new an revolutionary like he once did with the Pilot and Treo. Will he be successful once again? Who knows but at least he has a track record. A device like the april fools mockup above, would NOT save palm's arse imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post

At this point in time if that is the mystery device then Sprint better start courting Apple to give us the i-phone with evdo at the end of the year. Jeff's device is going to hit the market with a very dull thud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    At this point in time if that is the mystery device then Sprint better start courting Apple to give us the i-phone with evdo at the end of the year. Jeff's device is going to hit the market with a very dull thud!!
    Come on Palm give us a real device, A slim Treo with Access Garnet and wifi with evdo and I will be happy!. also fix the lag; fix the lag.

I guess Palm doesn't visit our forum to see that they are in a worry of trouble with Palm OS owners who have made them strong!
    As I have stated before I will purchase the 755p and return it if the lag is still there!
    Gfunk I am not sure if you are angry at the April fool author or Hawking.

About the "revolution" bit well duh of course it won't make a difference no matter what spec it has. The PDA market is dying why even bother? I have said this before Palm shouldn't waste time to make a larger non-phone at all.