1.    #1  
    In other news...

Palm has also revealed that since the Treo 650, the external antenna stub is actually a dummy and not necessary. A Palm spokeman was quoted as saying, "We had always thought that customers were expecting a visible, protruding antenna was necessary for good RF performance, so we put on a cosmetic antenna on the Treo 650 and 700 series. However experience with the Treo 680 indicates that customers seem to actually prefer no protruding antenna. Customers can send us their Treo 650's and 700's and we will remove the external antenna stub for them. Or if they are handy in the shop, customers may cut off the cosmetic plastic antenna stub themselves."
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    link?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I'm gonna use a Hack Saw. What about you guys?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I'm gonna use a Hack Saw. What about you guys?
    Blowtorch. I'd like to melt it off so that I can have a nice smooth surface left behind... I'm not a fan of sandpaper.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Note: Any changes to the Treo antenna will render the device inoperable after April 1, 2007.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    In other news...

Palm has also revealed that since the Treo 650, the external antenna stub is actually a dummy and not necessary. A Palm spokeman was quoted as saying, "We had always thought that customers were expecting a visible, protruding antenna was necessary for good RF performance, so we put on a cosmetic antenna on the Treo 650 and 700 series. However experience with the Treo 680 indicates that customers seem to actually prefer no protruding antenna. Customers can send us their Treo 650's and 700's and we will remove the external antenna stub for them. Or if they are handy in the shop, customers may cut off the cosmetic plastic antenna stub themselves."
    If you press down hard on it while unscrewing the stubby antenna, and hold down a certain combination of keys while pressing the small, round mirror next to the camera's lens, a tiny valve inside the antenna's hole will open.. use a small kitchen funnel and you can pour a few ml. of whiskey, rum, tequila, or the beverage of your choice inside a water-proof compartment in the Treo, turning it into the world's only combination smart phone and hip flask..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I've noticed that since installing the wifi patch, my treo pairs perfectly with my Jawbone and every other bluetooth headset in a 5 block radius. There have also been no more lags, the white ring around the screen is gone and with Versamail I can now access my gmail account. OH yeah, they even promised me no more resets ever and have even reconfigured the hardware so that it is similar to the 755p that is forthcoming.

Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff