Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    2008 - palm will rerelease the treo 700!!!

2009 - palm will rerelease the 700w!!!

2010 - palm will refresh and repackage the treo 700p!!!

2011 - jeff hawkins and palm to release not the next big thing, but the next greatest thing... are you ready?....

the treo 700p.

aren't ya excited folks?! never in the history of mobile computing have we seen technological progress at such breakneck speeds!

you're going to have to slap on those seatbelts... watch out now!
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Lmao!
    oh please, please, let it be true, I'm willing to wait and wait and wait........................................................
    Since the PalmOS is going to be called GarnetOS, obviously they need to repackage it as the brand new 756g.

Order some stickers Palm!
    funny!!!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    stfu noob? Lol. Sit down son. Listen here. my facts were off slightly.

palm will indeed release a mobile computer that will blow the pants off the blowhard palm veterans like the kat sissy above. it will make all the 700w owners weep with envy....
    are you ready?

Brace for it....

the treo 701.

...for sprint.... Unbelievable?

the treo 701.5 will be available on verizon 2 months following the 701 announcement.

shizen! I bet I just burst khatysissy's' bubble there, didn't i?. where's the mystery and excitement of it all now, right? oh well. There's always next year....

The 702. Damn it, I gave it away again!
    Last edited by vw2002; 04/18/2007 at 11:43 PM.
    I got that same press release. It seems that "retro" is seen as the future. Apparently they're bringing out 16-bit monochrome units, and as an ode to the only cell phone Palm designed (Tungsten W) they will release a Treo without a built-in microphone. Oh, and as each year goes on, they will put smaller and smaller memory chips into them, by 2010 they hope to be back to 512K. After all, "most users" don't add anything to the devices anyhow, Palm can pocket all that extra money and put it into the 2011 logo re-design and perhaps buy out the rights to "Handera" or "Zodiac" or something. They certainly wouldn't think of putting that money into R&D...
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Joad, you just gave away palm's next little thing!!!

The palm retreo!
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    Joad, you just gave away palm's next little thing!!!

The palm retreo!
    Perhaps the reTro-eo.

Damn, Palm ought to farm out their marketing to us here - we can steal an orange juice logo as easily as the next guy.

And with the number of faulty Treos I go through, I could use a "marketing guru's" income to support the pointless habit.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I'm sure we'll get a call from EC at some point. They're in need of some marketing mayhem to juice things up a bit.

Tell ya what, I've had my share of treo replacements as well. The treo productline could just as easily be renamed as the treo "faultline".

We should broach that topic with Mr Ed during our conversation this week, to see what he thinks about that idea...

.....while we state our compensatory conditions for accepting the marketing roles for a newbie little company like palm..
    This should be in some other forum, obviously not future Treos.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Nonsense. Of COURSE this should be in future treos forum. Obviously, we are speculating on the future faultline, uh I mean productline, here.
    Last edited by vw2002; 04/19/2007 at 10:26 AM.
    In-famous? IN-famous? 702? 70-2? Wow! How much do you think one of those little beauties would set us back? Or I wonder if you could purchase downgrades separately? I wouldn't mind putting down $200 for one of them monochrome screens. Sounds futuristic!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Well the retro-eo WILL have the monochrome screen, along with a 240x240 resolution.
    They may also add 4-5mm of width onto this model for better ergonomics, you see.

They are also doing away with the bluetooth and removable battery on this one, as these are merely extraneous add-ons, which only the bleeding edge power users require.

you're getting 1-2 hours of talk time on this baby.

expect this one to retail for $299 after a 2-yr contract. I feel this should be a hit. Palm looks to make unprecedented growth on its release!

the palm futreo, well, I'm still waiting to get the full scoop on that one.... stay tuned.
    A friend of a friend's garderner son's next door neighbor told me via IM that Nintendo will buy Palm and call it the Trewiii-o. It will have some gyroscopic contraption that can check your email, listen to music, play golf via waving it around and it has Wifi and no keyboard!! Breakthrough in my book...
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    A friend of a friend's garderner son's next door neighbor told me via IM that Nintendo will buy Palm and call it the Trewiii-o. It will have some gyroscopic contraption that can check your email, listen to music, play golf via waving it around and it has Wifi and no keyboard!! Breakthrough in my book...

Hey, that`s a interesting prospect there!
    Lol
    Funny, when you mentioned a treo 702, it makes me want to see a treo 802.11p before the treo 900. Wouldn't that he a really cool model number for a Palm/Linux treo with WiFi?

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast