Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i have windows vista since monday and have not been able to logon to the palmgear site. is anyone else having problems?
    morris stalk
    Quote Originally Posted by morrie View Post
    i have windows vista since monday and have not been able to logon to the palmgear site. is anyone else having problems?
    I don't have vista, I'm not having any issues with palmgear.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    my friend who also has a new windows vista computer cannot get palmgear to load either.
    morris stalk
    I would think (I don't have Vista either) that it may probably have something to do with security measures in the IE browser. I'd suggest going into the Options menu and checking out the settings. Maybe some scripting is disabled or something or there's something in place that will not load an unknown website.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    it will not load up on the firefox browser either.
    morris stalk
    I'm using XP and it comes up fine in Firefox.
    There are no problems with the site or with Vista accessing the site. Check your firewall to see if it is blocking it. Also check your Internet Security settings (in Control Panel switch to Classic View to find these settings. It'll make your life easier.)
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTek View Post
    There are no problems with the site
    Using Firefox and XP, I find the PG site is acting unusually slow. I started a search for some software on it five minutes ago and its still running. Its been acting like this for a few days now, and its the only site Ive run into such problems with in that period.

Ah, I see my PG search has finally completed....

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I also haven't been able to get on the site on Firefox using Vista, it works fine in IE6 though.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    don't you have 1e7 on your windows vista? it will not work on 1e7.
    morris stalk
    Yeah I meant IE7, I don't use it ever so sorry for not knowing the version number, but as I said, its working fine in IE7 for me, even though it doesn't in Firefox.