1.    #1  
    I am fixin' to buy a Treo 750 (that's how we say "going to" here in Texas). I am in the middle of a contract with Cingular and they aren't offering any discounts unless I extend and they're not offering much then either so I plan to buy it "No Contract". The No Contract price from my local Cingular store is $684 (with state tax) minus a $100 mail in rebate for a final cost to me of $584. At the TreoCentral Store, the No Contract price is $539.95 + shipping (fastest $34.95 to slowest $4.95). If I pick the slow shipping my final cost would be $545 and I wouldn't have to wait for a MIR.

Does anyone know of any reason why I should not buy my 750 here? Bad customer service? No returns?

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance!!!
    TEXAS REPRESENT!

Why shouldn't you buy one from Treocentral? Well I can't think of anything against TC, but if you look on Ebay, I'm sure you could find a slightly better deal. You may also want to check your local craigslist too...I've seen 750's for about $450 on craigslist (DFW area).
    The one thing I've worried about with buying (even new) phones from ebay is warranty issues. Though I've purchased a couple phones in the past, I've luckily haven't had problems so far.

I guess it depends on whether it is worth the extra $100 to buy it from a site where the warranty should be good.

In my case, since I was out of contract and was eligible for Premier pricing, I did it through Cingular. But I would have had to sign a contract anyway if I wanted the Rollover and M2M.
    I agree that it is worthwhile buying an expensive phone from a known vendor who is reliable. I buy cheap throw-away phones on Craigslist. I stay away from eBay.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I'll sell you a mint condition Treo 750 with a tan Covertec form fit, flip case for $475 + if you need warranty service I'm willing to go through the warranty exchange hassle if you need it in the future. I'm in south Texas.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    BTW, 0 scratches on screen or phone (still looks brand new) + box and paperwork/cd included.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I don't think you can get the rebate unless you have one of the PDA connect plans on your bill at the time the rebate is processed.
    Mike
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    I'll sell you a mint condition Treo 750 with a tan Covertec form fit, flip case for $475 + if you need warranty service I'm willing to go through the warranty exchange hassle if you need it in the future. I'm in south Texas.
    NICE!
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the replies guys! I appreciate your suggestions.

jlczl: Thanks for the offer, but I think I'd prefer to be the original owner so I'd only have myself or Palm/cingular to blame if I run into any problems.

mbranscum: I have a data plan. I've had a Treo 600 for three years, so I've had a $50/mo. unlimited with "The Old AT&T" that then became a $40/mo. PDA Unlimited plan with Cingular/"The New AT&T" after the merger. Cingular has said they will be giving me the $100 mail in rebate if I buy it from them.

Since no one said anything about TreoCentral being a bad vendor, I'll guess I'll get it here. Heavens knows I've got a lot of information and entertainment here over the last three years!!!
    I've bought from TC and I've been very pleased. Fast shipment too.
    I've bought from TC too and their service is good. I'm sure though if you shop around then you will find it cheaper elsewhere.