1.    #1  
    i'm a guy who loves my pda for the following:
    1. internet access
    2. programs like epocrates (i'm a pharmacist), documents to go (i'm a business owner)
    3. gps capability
    4. big screen

the 750wx seems like a good upgrade. i'm upgrading from my phone because its old and i figure an all in one device is more efficient. also, i want reliability when it comes to getting email or online (wifi is sketchy at best, especially when you have to pay).

i also want the ability to use my phone in other countries. i was in italy last week and was totally disconnected from civilization.

my service contract is up with sprint. sprint and verizon are the two choices as of now. what plan do people favor for unlimited data, using the phone as a modem, cheap call plans, etc.?

these forums are great btw.
    i would say sprint 700wx on a sero plan. the sprint 700wx seems to have way less bugs than any others in the past year. sprint is the cheaper plans and with a sero plan it's way cheaper. free roaming will/should be same coverage as verizon. same towers.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmacisto View Post
    i'm a guy who loves my pda for the following:
    1. internet access
    2. programs like epocrates (i'm a pharmacist), documents to go (i'm a business owner)
    3. gps capability
    4. big screen

the 750wx seems like a good upgrade. i'm upgrading from my phone because its old and i figure an all in one device is more efficient. also, i want reliability when it comes to getting email or online (wifi is sketchy at best, especially when you have to pay).

i also want the ability to use my phone in other countries. i was in italy last week and was totally disconnected from civilization.

my service contract is up with sprint. sprint and verizon are the two choices as of now. what plan do people favor for unlimited data, using the phone as a modem, cheap call plans, etc.?

these forums are great btw.
    My father too is a physician and my mother runs a medical consulting company. They both have GPS for their treo's and use epocrates and documents to go. And what do they use...TREO 700p on Sprint. They were on the 650 from Cingular, but the data plan was better on Sprint.

If you are leaving the country, I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM View Post
    My father too is a physician and my mother runs a medical consulting company. They both have GPS for their treo's and use epocrates and documents to go. And what do they use...TREO 700p on Sprint. They were on the 650 from Cingular, but the data plan was better on Sprint.

If you are leaving the country, I have no idea.

i just saw that part. if you want to leave the country... then cdma is not for you. cingular is the only one really, but the 750 does have alot of bugs.

see this thread for a list of 750 bugs. the 700p has one as well. the 680 also has a bug sticky.

i tried to start on for the sprint 700wx, but we didn't get much. it rolled off the first page to page 180. lol. the others got so much thay got stickyed
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/27/2007 at 08:04 PM.
  5.    #5  
    whats the fastest way to unlimited data and text messaging?

it seems the sero plan offers free data etc to all phones except the treo.

text messaging seems to cost regardless?
    sprint retentions. i got unlimited data at half price. i just said it wasn't worth full price since it didn't do picture mail and sprint tv. thay said no problem. thay also gave me 500 sms messages for free.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    sprint retentions. i got unlimited data at half price. i just said it wasn't worth full price since it didn't do picture mail and sprint tv. thay said no problem. thay also gave me 500 sms messages for free.
    Same here, I called retention and I have unlimited data and sms for $10
  8.    #8  
    lol i just got off the phone with them... i talked to a really helpful and friendly person.. first in 9 years!

got treo 700wx for 250, got a samsung for my wife for 10
    got unlimited data for my phone for 10
    no free text, no biggie i dont really use it. plus i have free sms programs, so i can use that to send now that i have free data
    free activation, free shipping

thanks for the advice. we'll see how i love this 700wx!
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmacisto View Post
    lol i just got off the phone with them... i talked to a really helpful and friendly person.. first in 9 years!

got treo 700wx for 250, got a samsung for my wife for 10
    got unlimited data for my phone for 10
    no free text, no biggie i dont really use it. plus i have free sms programs, so i can use that to send now that i have free data
    free activation, free shipping

thanks for the advice. we'll see how i love this 700wx!
    good job. was this through sprint retentions?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Gotta Love Retention