Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. jc924's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have a 600 that is working fine but I was considering upgrading to a 700p. With all of the talk about new products, should I wait?
  2. #2  
    Definitely way until may at least, there's a replacement coming out for the 700p on Sprint.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    I have a 600 that is working fine but I was considering upgrading to a 700p. With all of the talk about new products, should I wait?
    I had a Treo 650 and a subscription to Verizon Wireless but didn't
    want to wait for the next Treo.

    The reason for the rush was that the 650 crapped out with the
    speakerphone and microphone after repeated use of the jack.

    This is one of the basic failure modes of the entire Treo series
    and may not be as well known as it should be, masked as it is
    by the overall complexity of the device.

    So I picked up the 700p with insurance for full replaceability
    up to 2x per year and also signed up for the class action lawsuit
    of Ira Rothken, Esq. (www.techfirm.com) with a lengthy
    list of evidence from the failure of my uninsured Treo 650.

    The 700p has been widely tested, accepted, and shown to be
    reasonable.

    Given the above plus business deductibility of the 700p on my taxes for this
    year, I feel I have protected the large investment I made in this product
    so that I cannot be hit as I was before with the 650, taking it in the
    pants.

    Nor did want to "wait for May." The reason? It is because whatever
    comes out in May is NEW and UNPROVEN and likely to have many,
    many issues.

    Do you want to be the experimental guinea pig????

    I don't.

    And I won't!

    --Stuart

    P.S. It's the Wild West out there and snake-oil hucksters/slicksters
    abound. Beware and caveat emptor the poor, downtrodden, huddled consumers of America!
  4. ktm97's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    #4  
    Get the 755
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    I have a 600 that is working fine but I was considering upgrading to a 700p. With all of the talk about new products, should I wait?

    Regardless of whether you go for the 700p or 755p it will be a mojor upgrade from a 600. I went from the 600 to the 700p and it was dramatic. Screen, EDVO, faster chip and a lot more internal memory.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  6. #6  
    Engadget is running a story about the upcoming release of the 755p for Sprint. That's the one to get!

Posting Permissions