Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To summarize:

Before you give your Treo a wash, kindly remove the battery first. Water and electricity don't mix, and since water is a good conductor, this could cause various short circuiting inside your Treo, which could, in turn, destroy the delicate electronics. And as is stated above, after a wash, please allow the Treo to dry out completely before re-inserting the battery, as water droplets inside could cause direct shorts on the circuit boards, thereby damaging your Treo.

Seriously, though, good luck getting your Treo working again.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    :uts flame suit on::

now i'm not trying to insult those who have washed their phones, but i'm just wondering how it happens in the first place. Our phones are pretty heavy compared to the average phone so i would think you'd feel it while putting it in the machine, and if you're on a forum like this you're pretty much attached to it wherever you go. i basically feel naked if i dont feel my phone in my pocket at all times.

i'd just like to know so it doesn't happen to me in the future. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by frydryce View Post
    :uts flame suit on::

now i'm not trying to insult those who have washed their phones, but i'm just wondering how it happens in the first place. Our phones are pretty heavy compared to the average phone so i would think you'd feel it while putting it in the machine, and if you're on a forum like this you're pretty much attached to it wherever you go. i basically feel naked if i dont feel my phone in my pocket at all times.

i'd just like to know so it doesn't happen to me in the future. thanks.

Just make sure you empty your pockets before you take your clothes off... if you're married. My wife doesn't check the pockets of anything before it goes in the machine. If she decides it time for jeans to get washed, any pair not in the closet is fair game. She's never gotten one of my phones but I have some of the cleanest money and USB flash drives in the Northeast. (If I put her clothes in the dryer by mistake I'd be waking up next to Lorena Bobbitt. LOL)
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTek View Post
    Just make sure you empty your pockets before you take your clothes off... if you're married. My wife doesn't check the pockets of anything before it goes in the machine. If she decides it time for jeans to get washed, any pair not in the closet is fair game. She's never gotten one of my phones but I have some of the cleanest money and USB flash drives in the Northeast. (If I put her clothes in the dryer by mistake I'd be waking up next to Lorena Bobbitt. LOL)
    It could be worse, you could wake up next to Jimmy Hoffa.
    ahh the wife factor... i'll need not to worry about that for a couple of years! =)

THIS IS SPARTA!
    I didn't read all the suggestions, but I would recommend taking it apart, cleaning it with PCB Solvent/wash and slap it back together, it's ugly when water gets onto PCBs.
    Wow! 2? How you managed to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by cjvitek View Post
    I have washed two cell phones in a washing machine - each time, I had to get a new one.

Chris
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12