Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I miss the old days when these guys were reliable. (sigh)

Down since 9:55pm EST.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    At least it's down on a friday evening when you should be having fun and not reading work emails right
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Same here. This sucks.

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
  4.    #4  
    Still down at 9AM ... 11 hours and counting ...

I wish I didn't have to rely on my e-mail on weekends.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  5.    #5  
    has anyone even gotten an acknowledgement from the company that they are even aware of the outage?
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    has anyone even gotten an acknowledgement from the company that they are even aware of the outage?
    i'm down agian as well. no email support for me. i'm calling them right now. i'll let you guys know what i find out.
  7.    #7  
    thanks. I appreciate it.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    well i tried a few times. they are opened or there message would be giving the time of office hours. maybe thay just dont want to answer.

here is the number if anyone else wants to try, 1 (800) 435-3067.

man, 4smartphone has worked flawless for me for over a year and now twice in a months time. what's up
    They've been down since 10pm last night with no returned calls and no replies to tickets that have been opened. It's nearly noon on the east coast and I still can't get my email.

Another thing they are terrible for is slow outlook web access. Sometimes it takes 1 to 2 minutes for me to go from message to message.

I am currently shopping a new provider.
    I agree...this is total BS. At the very least they NEED to have a notice listed somewhere on their site. I try troubleshooting on my end, when its their issue. If someone finds another service that does the same please post it.
    Currently leaning towards 1&1 based on the positive feedback that I've read. Not sure if they do what 4smartphone does though and that is allow me to forward one email box to an address instead of moving all my email over to them. I only want to push one mailbox.

I'm also open to suggestions though. Must be reliable and have a 24x7 staff to answer phones and work tickets. Speedy OWA wins points too!

Fred
    Just called again and got voicemail again.
  13.    #14  
    I can't even get OWA to work. I get a 505 Service Unavailable error.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Nothing is working. Outlook, Mobile, or OWA.

I just signed up for 1&1. Gonna take it for a spin and see what it's like. They made me pay for 3 months up front but at this point, I don't really care. If it's better, I am gone.
    This is from their website:

4SmartPhone is experiencing technical difficulties. This is causing inflated loads on some of the machines, as a result making our website unresponsive.

Our technical personnel are diligently working towards resolving this issue. Due to these issues, the 4SmartPhone website will be temporarily unavailable.

We are well aware of the situation and so we ask you to not send an email to support. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will keep all of you updated as often as we can.

That still doesn't give me any comfort; My email has been down since 9:43pm CST yesterday.
    If you switch to another company, what's the EASIEST way to port your email folders, etc over? Would I have to save each one as an offline file in Outlook for can I save one Outlook file that has all of the data?
  17.    #18  
    export data to .pst files. log into the new service and use the import feature.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Does anyone know if they offer refunds? I have heard they are pretty reliable but I signed up in January and they have had two M A J O R outages since I got them. I am not pleased with them at all :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    export data to .pst files. log into the new service and use the import feature.
    Thanks! The GOOD thing is that I just had email forwarding with them, not MX record, so I just deleted the forwarding and am now forwarding to my Yahoo Mail. I wish I had thought of that late last night; I could have retrieved some important emails that are sitting on their server.

But yeah, I'm gone, even if they don't offer a refund, as soon as I find a world class company. I'd pay more; it's worth it.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast