Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    Cheaper is not the concern really. I was paying $9.99 a month at 4smartphone.
    I wasn't mentioning it for its price; I was simply mentioning that they have packages that cater to what you need.
    Got ya! Glad that we had a venue to air out our frustrations and also find alternatives. This is what the internet is about.
  3.    #63  
    I just got my refund. :-)

I'm just sticking with my "normal" email account now. I'm doing a manual sync on my PDA and only doing PIM sync via ActiveSync.

I'll hook up with another push-provider later. I'm just glad to be finished with the nightmare. I am so glad I keep multiple backups of my PIM data on multiple machines. (That and a paper calendar helps)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Are you all on the professional plan? i had no problem whatsoever this weekend and i'm using an enterprise account
    i could use outlook on all my machines and it synced to all my PDAs... i didn't lose any emails or anything...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    Are you all on the professional plan? i had no problem whatsoever this weekend and i'm using an enterprise account
    i could use outlook on all my machines and it synced to all my PDAs... i didn't lose any emails or anything...
    Same here , no issues at all. Actually, I've NEVER been affected by the recent rash of 4smartphone outages. My wife's 4smartphone account, however, was affected by this past weekends outage. She's back up & running now thankfully. We both have the Pro account.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  6.    #66  
    Yes ... I had the pro account also. This was my second outage.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    It could be wishful thinking, but I'm getting a LOT less spam with Mail2web. Normally on Monday morning, my spam folder would be filled with at least 20 messages; only 2 have come thru. We'll see, but that's a relief. My Treo 700wx alerts me on all messages unless my Outlook at home catches it fast enough to send it directly to the Spam Folder. Having to look at my phone only to see a spam message throughout the day was annoying at best.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    It could be wishful thinking, but I'm getting a LOT less spam with Mail2web. Normally on Monday morning, my spam folder would be filled with at least 20 messages; only 2 have come thru. We'll see, but that's a relief. My Treo 700wx alerts me on all messages unless my Outlook at home catches it fast enough to send it directly to the Spam Folder. Having to look at my phone only to see a spam message throughout the day was annoying at best.
    How quickly do you receive mail via Activesync with Mail2Web? I found that no matter how many times I loaded the activesync codes, it would take me an average of 1 hour to receive email. I gave Mail2Web a shot before I switched to 4smartphone. These 2 outages have been painful, but the service on 4smartphone has excellent when operational. I receive mail on my Q instantly, sometimes 30 seconds before when I receive it in Outlook 2003.

Also, I rec'd and email from 4smartphone last night telling me that I would receive a 1 month free credit for my contract. I currently am subscribed as a Professional user. So they are trying to make amends and the service seems to be working perfectly now.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Well it is working well but not perfectly. I just received an e-mail from 3 hours ago. That was happening intermittently (last 2 weeks or so) before the outage. Hope it is not an omen of what is coming down the pike again.
    All I have are the new emails. No contacts, no tasks and no calendar!
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo View Post
    How quickly do you receive mail via Activesync with Mail2Web? I found that no matter how many times I loaded the activesync codes, it would take me an average of 1 hour to receive email. I gave Mail2Web a shot before I switched to 4smartphone. These 2 outages have been painful, but the service on 4smartphone has excellent when operational. I receive mail on my Q instantly, sometimes 30 seconds before when I receive it in Outlook 2003.

Also, I rec'd and email from 4smartphone last night telling me that I would receive a 1 month free credit for my contract. I currently am subscribed as a Professional user. So they are trying to make amends and the service seems to be working perfectly now.
    I get messages instantly. In most cases I get it on my 700wx before Outlook by like 30 seconds, and the SPAM is drastically reduced. I've only had 2 messages today that were spam, compared to 20-30 I would have had by now, perhaps more since it's Monday.

And to the other poster, a $10 credit for an entire weekend of no email, especially if you're in business, is an insult. That's why they processed the refunds so fast with no cancellation fee; they know that they screwed up. I have no interest in dealing with them again, or discussing them again. I've moved on and I'm happy. If you want to ask me anything specifically, shoot me an IM on here; I'm removing the subscription to this thread. Thanks!
    I have all my gmail forwarded to my mail2web and the email is almost instantaneously (SOMETIMES there is a 5 second lag). The upside is that with gmail I get absolutely no spam (going on well over a month).

The setup is quite good. There are times that I get my email at the same time as my gmail gets it.
    Is mail2web working correctly? It seems it's acting weird today/just now.
    I haven't had a problem.
    ok thanks, maybe it's just me then...
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    They finally got all my old emails restored, but now I have duplicate calendar entries. I emailed support but haven't gotten a response yet...

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    as of about an hour ago i am back to normal. everything is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    They finally got all my old emails restored, but now I have duplicate calendar entries. I emailed support but haven't gotten a response yet...
    Same as me. I emailed support as well. I went through Outlook and deleted all duplicate entries manually. Pain in a$$ but couldn't stand to have dup contacts and calendar events.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jschles View Post
    Same as me. I emailed support as well. I went through Outlook and deleted all duplicate entries manually. Pain in a$$ but couldn't stand to have dup contacts and calendar events.
    I haven't done it yet, but I guess I'll have to - still no response from support

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    Is mail2web working correctly? It seems it's acting weird today/just now.
    M2W has been acting up for me a lot lately. The entire day today. I was only able to sync once this morning. I keep getting errors with Versamail. =(
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast