Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I found something cool since installing the Mail2Web Exchange info on my laptop (Outlook 2007). When a mail comes in, it says, "You have mail." Is this a setting with Exchange 2007 that is new? I didn't have this happen with 4smartphone.
    1and1 is the way to go! Same price as 4smartphone.net, faster, and much more reliable. You can use a custom reply to address as well.
    Last edited by wannatreo; 03/24/2007 at 11:31 PM.
    FYI...

http://www.4smartphone.com/owa

Works for me from my PC...so does my ActiveSync on my Treo 650.

Jeff
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248 View Post
    FYI...

Jeff
    Doesn't work here.

505 - Service unavailable. (now 26 hours straight)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    It is soooo not about the money. I gladly pay more for a better experience and better quality.

1&1 is tricky; I've heard that they have similar downtimes, not as long, but more frequent. Plus, contrary to their website, they are NOT a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner for Exchange. They may be for their other products, but I checked the MS site: http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...s/catalog.aspx They are listed as "other" which is the regular certification. That certification is tough to get and it's based upon reliability and customer service, among other factors.

So I don't mind paying more a month for the quality, as well as Exchange 2007. 4smartphone messed this one up, and even if they don't allow refunds, they will feel this with bad press. When you **** people off, they tell more people about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248 View Post
    FYI...

Jeff
    how come both times it when down i got the bad end of it while some never had a problem?

30 hours and counting. still down.
  7.    #47  
    My biggest problem with this whole thing is the lack of ANY update from 4Smartphone. I mean how-long does it take to post a message with 1) What's going on? 2) A guestimate of a repair duration?

I don't know if it's true or not but it seems to imply that they don't care too much about their customers. Communication goes a long way to keeping customers calm.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    how come both times it when down i got the bad end of it while some never had a problem?

30 hours and counting. still down.
    I get the login prompt and then it gives me this error message:

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable

I can understand a little downtime, but this is getting ridiculous. I've missed at least 3 emails from customers trying to set up appointments for this weekend already

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    It is very frustrating - they are gping to be inundated with calls tomorrow. I did submit a trouble tix and that's not being updated either.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    That reminds me....to make matters worse...they have the NERVE to have on their site a request to NOT submit trouble tickets! WTH?? That is GALL! They have my money. I am getting zero service, no estimate about when it will be corrected and I can't even ASK them about it?!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Pardon this if it is a dumb question, but do other exchange hosters allow you to change MX records to their servers?

In the past I had my email hosted on godaddy and POP-forwarded to the 4smartphone account. I just recently changed my MX record for my email domain from go daddy to 4smartphone and now cannot access any email.

If I were to transfer to mail2web or 1and1 would I be able to point the MX record for my domain to those companies, or would I have to revert back to godaddy (or some other email hosting company) and then do the POP-forwarding thing again? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbamenra View Post
    Pardon this if it is a dumb question, but do other exchange hosters allow you to change MX records to their servers?

In the past I had my email hosted on godaddy and POP-forwarded to the 4smartphone account. I just recently changed my MX record for my email domain from go daddy to 4smartphone and now cannot access any email.

If I were to transfer to mail2web or 1and1 would I be able to point the MX record for my domain to those companies, or would I have to revert back to godaddy (or some other email hosting company) and then do the POP-forwarding thing again? Thanks.
    All of the exchange companies PREFER that you do the MX record, that way there is no other weak link, your email deals with them 100%.

BTW, mail2web has been great the last day or so. The setup/down of all of my messages, etc, was much faster than when I did it with 4smartphone, and they are running Exchange 2007 which is great. I just didn't have the time/energy to wait/hope on them. When they come online I will get the emails I lost between Friday/Sat and cancel. I don't mind paying more; it's a business write-off anyway.
    Found this info in whois. Called the number for Patrick and got voicemail. Left a message though.

Name: Patrick Gilbert
    Company: Presence IT inc.
    Address:

5344 East Doubletree Ranch Road

City: Paradise Valley
    State: AZ
    Zip: 85253-1620
    Tel No: 1 4809051655
    Fax No: 1 6025327934
    They are such a terrible service!

Check out my post in the other thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=80
    I tried to check out 1&1 but they didn't accept my account. Some type of authentication they do failed for some reason but there's nobody to call. Just what I need.

Then I tried to sign up for Sherweb. I needed to ask some questions but nobody available on the weekends. Just what I need.

So here I am seriously thinking I should try mail2web again if they can in fact get me back up and running this weekend before Monday. If they have people on site and available for a phone call or chat, that's just what I might do.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    It is soooo not about the money. I gladly pay more for a better experience and better quality.

1&1 is tricky; I've heard that they have similar downtimes, not as long, but more frequent. Plus, contrary to their website, they are NOT a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner for Exchange. They may be for their other products, but I checked the MS site: http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...s/catalog.aspx They are listed as "other" which is the regular certification. That certification is tough to get and it's based upon reliability and customer service, among other factors.

So I don't mind paying more a month for the quality, as well as Exchange 2007. 4smartphone messed this one up, and even if they don't allow refunds, they will feel this with bad press. When you **** people off, they tell more people about it.
    1and1 has been fast and super reliable. Same price as 4smartphone.net also, you can't beat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    I tried to check out 1&1 but they didn't accept my account. Some type of authentication they do failed for some reason but there's nobody to call. Just what I need.

Then I tried to sign up for Sherweb. I needed to ask some questions but nobody available on the weekends. Just what I need.

So here I am seriously thinking I should try mail2web again if they can in fact get me back up and running this weekend before Monday. If they have people on site and available for a phone call or chat, that's just what I might do.
    Mail2web had me running in less than 30 minutes. I called, got some information about how their MX works, and I signed up. I paid only 2.95 since this month is almost over. Once they emailed me the MX info (10-15 min), I forwarded it to my web host and they set it up within 15 min, so I was all set in no time.
    hrmmm...I don't really need to do mx changes. Just want to forward one address that I sync to my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    hrmmm...I don't really need to do mx changes. Just want to forward one address that I sync to my phone.
    Call them up; they have cheaper packages if that's all you need. That can be set up in no time. http://services.mail2web.com/Busines...ange/plans.asp
    Cheaper is not the concern really. I was paying $9.99 a month at 4smartphone.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast