Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I found this site that reviews Exchange servers: http://www.exchangehostingreviews.com/
    I've found mail2web to be very, very reliable so far. Maybe it's because more people use 4smartphone, but I hear about 4smartphone outages WAY more than I ever hear about mail2web ones.
    I searched this site: http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...s/catalog.aspx and unless I skipped over it, 4Smartphone isn't listed as a certified MS partner. Can anyone confirm/deny?
    4smartphone still down. Sad.
    I just switched to mail2web. The higher price doesn't bother me. This is the 2nd major outage and is unacceptable. I started having problems on Thursday and they brushed it off, so they knew about this ahead of time. When they get back up I'll collect the mail I missed via OWA, forward it, and then cancel. Bam, I'm gone.
    does mail 2 web do everything that 4smartphone does/did. calendar,contacts,task,subfolders (like saved messages, sent messages,ect).
    I started out with mail2web free service and liked it so much, I switched to the paid version (after all $1.99 a month is a steal and I do use it ALL the time). It is the service I use for all my work stuff so I need it to be reliable and has been very good.

I signed up for 4smartphone free trial and could never get it to work. Now I am glad I went with mail2web.
  8.    #28  
    Outages can happen. I'm not upset about that. However when your outages span 20+ hours multiple times in a month then it shows that a monkey could have a better disaster recovery plan using bananas. THAT's what bothers me.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    I thought personal exchange on mail2web was $2/mo, is there a pricier plan with more benefits?
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I thought personal exchange on mail2web was $2/mo, is there a pricier plan with more benefits?
    http://services.mail2web.com/Business/Exchange/

It's $11.95/month which yes, is higher, but they are one of top, AND they are Microsoft Gold Certified, something that 4smartphone is not.

They have a 30 day money back guarantee, they offer 60MB file attachments, and they are offering Exchange 2007 and Office 2007 to whomever signs up. I'm not sure if they've rolled these out yet, but all customers will be upgraded for free.

500MB vs. 1GB, but to be honest, I've used them for over 8 months and I mail a LOT, and I only have 69MB used. I'm going to try them out at least; nothing to lose.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I am waiting patiently. Originally I had mail2web but suffered a number of outages in Jan 07 so I switched to 4smartphone. They had 1 outage in Feb, and now a 2nd outage in Mar. The thing is, when this service works it is fantastic. Email, contacts, calendar populate instantly on my Q and on my computer through Outlook 03. I am going to wait this one out. Luckily for me I am forwarding email from my optonline.net pop3 email address. I just get my mail through the optonline webmail until 4smartphone solves it's problem(s). I am sure by the end of the weekend we will have an update and be back up. This must be some type of massive spam attack which is clogging their servers.

Still, it is a major inconvenience and a bummer. They should have backup servers set up to avoid these types of widespread outages. In fact, I thought they did set something up after the last outage.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo View Post
    I am waiting patiently.
    I would normally agree, but when you're running a business you can't afford to be patient. Right now I still have messages on their server that I need to get and it's frustrating; my clients are possibly being held up because I don't know what was sent.

Every server has it's down time, and I'm sure Mail2web will as well. But I've never heard of a down like this (this has happened twice since I've been with 4smartphone). That, and the fact that they haven't even made the effort to contact customers makes me need to switch now. Additionally, they aren't a MS Gold Partner, which I didn't realize before.
    Still down. 1&1 bounced my signup saying I needed to provide proof that I am a US Citizen. Not sure what that's all about. Either way, they aren't helping me.

I checked out Sherweb. Looks good too but no support right now that I can reach. No sales reps. No live chat.

All I want to do is forward one email address to an exchange host. Not sure if I want to try mail2web again.

4Smartphone provided me with a barracuda spam filter and quarantine with white and black lists. Anyone else do that?
    even though there down agian i think i will stay with 4smartphone. they do have alot to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    even though there down agian i think i will stay with 4smartphone. they do have alot to offer.

Yes, they do. I love that OTA sync. It keeps me from fiddling with that Active Sync crap BUT it is not only important that they have a lot to offer...it's critical that they both offer it and GIVE IT TO ME . OK, OK, it's been some hours now. I am breaking into a push-mail sweat here
  16.    #36  
    So do other hosted Exchange providers
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    So do other hosted Exchange providers
    that's is what i asked about mail 2 web in post #26 of this thred and no one said anything. i went to there site and it doesn't seam to clear as to what you get for how much.
    that's is what i asked about mail 2 web in post #26 of this thred and no one said anything. i went to there site and it doesn't seam to clear as to what you get for how much.
    I did answer. Did you read my post right after yours? Post #30.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I did answer. Did you read my post right after yours? Post #30.
    i'm sorry man, i thought i read all the post in this thread. it seems that i missed one. thanks for the link too.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Overall I have found 4smartphone's service to be much better than mail2web's. Obviously outages like this detract from a providers overall rating, but 4smartphone is easy to set up, easy to use and it works lightning fast. Other than these 2 outages I have never had a problem with 4smartphone. Mail2web was a nightmare to use. Hard to set up, more expensive, and it didn't do what it was supposed to do. I also know people who have run from 1and1.com with the same type of nightmare horror stories.

4smartphone is not perfect and there are improvements that they need to make. However, the company head Francois is reachable during normal weekly business hours. They are a young company and they are growing. These outages are part of the growing pain. I think that whatever caused this outage will be fixed and it won't imapct them again. That's why I'm willing to wait this one out for a certain amount of time.

They need to be responsive and we do need to get an update, something that we haven't received other than the posting on the website earlier today. The waiting is the hardest part, but I guess the lesson is to always have some type of backup. The users who are really screwed are the one's who have 4smartphone hosting their domains. Those users aren't getting any email, so I feel particularly bad for them.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast