Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I got a Sprint Treo 650 and I had enough of it. The issues I have with the phone is the slow internet, poor bluetooth, palm interface, and missing calls when using data (example, when I'm on the internet all my incoming calls goes straight to the voicemail).

My boy just got his 700wx and he's one of the lucky ones who hasnt had a problem but from the look of the general response from this board, majority of the people say the 700wx is faulty.

My roommate I believe has the older version of the PPC and he's pretty much satisfied with it.

From what I see the PPC is a better phone cuz of the bigger screen and keyboard, and faster processor. I just want to see everyone's opinion on it. thanks!
    Most people say that if you want more of a PDA, get the 6700. If you want more of a phone, get the Treo.
    I personally like the built in wifi option on the 6700 but it just feels to big IMO...that and the fact that I like the exposed keyboard.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Funny you should mention the 700P and PPC6700. I was just out to dinner and one of the waiters came up and asked about my 700P (I had it out for a text message from home). He has had his 700P for a month and was very happy with it compared to his prior device - the Verizon version of the device you mention (XV6700). He was very happy to see the 6700 go away and said he has never regretted the switch.

The 6700 missed incoming calls and would also dial out calls while it was in his pocket. He also had problems with tethering to his laptop but he has been able to use the 700P for tethering without a problem.

I have never used the 6700 so I can not add anything to what he told me about his experience. I can speak to your questions about missed calls while using applications. I have never missed a call because of using the Internet or using an application. EVDO where I am located (NJ) is very good so online speed and reliability is the best feature of the device.

The big negative for the Treo (for me, anyway) is the bluetooth. It will crash out my Treo if I forget to soft reset every few days. I have begun to note a pattern to the crashes though. If I have my bluetooth headset on, and I have been using my MacBook Pro laptop in close proximity, I get a crash when a call comes in. I use wifi for my laptop connection at work and at home and I do know that bluetooth does not always play nicely with wifi. (I have to bluetooth in the laptop turned off, so that is not an issue.) I did not have this problem with my Sony laptop.

The Palm interface I can't help you with. I happen to like it but, then again, I've been using a Palm for 10 years now. It's so simple even a caveman can use it.
    You might want to wait for the 6800 which supposedly will be released in May I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTek View Post
    Funny you should mention the 700P and PPC6700. I was just out to dinner and one of the waiters came up and asked about my 700P (I had it out for a text message from home). He has had his 700P for a month and was very happy with it compared to his prior device - the Verizon version of the device you mention (XV6700). He was very happy to see the 6700 go away and said he has never regretted the switch.

The 6700 missed incoming calls and would also dial out calls while it was in his pocket. He also had problems with tethering to his laptop but he has been able to use the 700P for tethering without a problem.

I have never used the 6700 so I can not add anything to what he told me about his experience. I can speak to your questions about missed calls while using applications. I have never missed a call because of using the Internet or using an application. EVDO where I am located (NJ) is very good so online speed and reliability is the best feature of the device.

The big negative for the Treo (for me, anyway) is the bluetooth. It will crash out my Treo if I forget to soft reset every few days. I have begun to note a pattern to the crashes though. If I have my bluetooth headset on, and I have been using my MacBook Pro laptop in close proximity, I get a crash when a call comes in. I use wifi for my laptop connection at work and at home and I do know that bluetooth does not always play nicely with wifi. (I have to bluetooth in the laptop turned off, so that is not an issue.) I did not have this problem with my Sony laptop.

The Palm interface I can't help you with. I happen to like it but, then again, I've been using a Palm for 10 years now. It's so simple even a caveman can use it.
    I believe he is referring to the 700wx, not the 700p.

Anyways, I think that you (OP) should go with the 700wx. In forums, you will likely see all of the bad and a little bit of the good because if your device works, why make a post?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I personally dont mind the bulky size or slide screen cuz im use to the sdk2 which i had awhile back.

what are the other true comparisons of the 700mx and the PPC6700?? I heard Audio music thru bluetooth is built in the PPC6700 cuz my roommate be playing music thru his regular wireless headset.

and what better features will the PPC6800 have from the 6700?
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I believe he is referring to the 700wx, not the 700p.

Anyways, I think that you (OP) should go with the 700wx. In forums, you will likely see all of the bad and a little bit of the good because if your device works, why make a post?
    Yeah, I left out a part of my original post while editing. Smeggie's excuse was barlywine. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139717
    Mine is white russians.

I had asked the guy if he looked at the wx since I was thinking of either that or holding out for rumored new BB release this summer (based on the 8800). He said that the Verizon rep showed him the wx and it froze while it was being demo'd.

I mentioned the 700P because the OP has the 650 but hates the interface.