Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Hello.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can sync both the 700P and 700wx on one computer. I have had the 700P for a while now and will be checking out the 700wx simultaneously. I was wondering if i synced both of them would it cause any problems on my computer or the phones? Any help with this would be great.

thanks
    At one time, I had 4 PalmOS devices syncing to my home computer with no problem for the family. (All devices must have a unique hot sync userid.) I left the prior desktop installed to keep the prior devices going and just installed the new desktop over this to put any new conduits for the new device into play.

I am unsure, however, how the 700wx set up will play out in this scenario . . . . I would assume it would work (but as we all know, we know what that spells). . . . . . . And is, no doubt, the reason for your post.

Anybody actually done this?

Cheers, Perry.

EDIT: This Palm Knowledge Base support document supports the idea that you can have both devices installed and sycning on the same computer. . . .
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/23/2007 at 06:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    It works as I have both 700w (as a loaner from Palm) and 700p. The reason is 700w (or 700wx) uses Microsoft ActiveSync while 700p uses HotSync. But remind you that I turned on Exchange ActiveSync on both 700w and 700p so I'm not sure if it has an impact on you if you don't. (That is, I sync Emails, Contacts, and Calendars OTA directly with Exchange).

Hope it helps.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I use hotsync for palm and would use the activesync for windows. I would assume that it would be best for me to use two different sync ID's for the two regardless. I don't want or need any problems with the phones.
    The two sync programs don't even see each other. You shouldn't have any problems with them conflicting. I sync my PDA2 (WM2003SE) and my 650 with no problems at all.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    This is off topic but can anyone help me with a missing microsoft exchange server and now my outlook will not open at all.