1.    #1  
    This isn't specifically a treo app - it's a voicemail app, but since it works best with email, I think of it as hand in hand. Was curious if anyone else tried it yet? It's a speech->text service that you forward your voicemail to and it emails (and SMS's if you want) you the transcript of your messages. It does a good job with the translation - but you can always get messages on the phone if you need to. I wrote a more wordy review of it:

http://comments.deasil.com/2007/03/20/review-spinvox/

but it really makes my ilfe a lot easier. Anyone else try it out yet?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I used a product like this called DictoMail.
    I really liked it, but it got too expensive and I couldn't justify the cost after evaluating how much I used it.
    I was intrigued by the 'Memo' application when I clicked on the link you provided in your review.
    I tried to sign up for a trial and got an error on the sign up page that my mobile # was invalid.
    I sent an email to the provided customer support page.
    what can you know about this memo application?
    I am trying Spinvox as well, but doubt I will stay after the trial period. I mostly don't like that they don't answer definitively whether these are transcribed by human or software, if you google 'spinvox' you'll see a bit of discussion regarding this. I tend to think it's human, and that creeps m
  4.    #4  
    wachie - I actually haven't used the memo application at all - I suspect, though that it basically means you call into a number speak and it gets emailed back to you. But for me the only thing I use is spinmail.

Yeah, the online form is busted, if they don't get back to you in a day or so I can send you an email form to fill out and you can send it in if you like.

Dennis - the trial period (for us) is 1 year! So, you may be using it longer than you think. I actually didn't even think about whether or not it is human or not.. it feels computery to me, but I'm not sure. I'd think there might be typos if it was human - so far I haven't seen any.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    1. I went to web site and had problems signing up for free trial
    2. I sent an email to their customer care center and I received a form to email back to sign up for the service.
    3. After not receiving a response after 24 hours I came back here to the forum and I had a private mesage from an employee at spinvox who gave me some help in signing in. (basically it was add a "1" before the area code for your phone number)
    4. I signed up for the free memo trial, but was not able to log back on to the account on the web site without a PIN. NO pin was given during the sign up process.
    5. I sent an email yesterday to the same customer care email requesting a pin be sent to me or a way to reset whatever pin was assigned to me when I signed up.
    6. Another 24 hours later and I received another email requesting I submit another application (the SAME one I already filled out 2 days ago) in order to log onto the site.
    7. I sent an email back saying that I have already filled out this application and that I am getting frustrated with the process.

I just wanted to post this whole series of events in case anyone was thinking about trying this out.
    I can say honestly that the actual 'voice to text' service does work.
    However, the sign up process is a major pain. It also appears that whoever is answering the customer service email is giving a 'canned' response every time to "fill out this form please..."
    I just Signed up and am awaiting the confirmation E-mail. Does this use call forwarding to send VM to their server?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I still haven't received a response back from either my first or second sign up application. I am giving up.
    Spinvox doesn't support Sprint. I got an error message to that effect after signing up. Too bad. It's a nice idea.
    Actually they do but their online form only works for UK. If you E-mail them they will send you a form to sign up.

I did sign up and now have 4 internatinal texts because of it. I called and got that account cancelled and they sent an E-mail with the form for US accounts. As long as I get signed up and it works as stated I'll chalk the texts up to experience.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com