1.    #1  
    Hi, I want to get some opinions please. Do you guys feel that it is a good deal to continue getting the insurance through Sprint on the 700p? It is costing me $7 per month now which could be going toward the purchase of the 700p upgrade that is supposedly coming in April or May.

I have not had my 700p long enough to be eligible for a trade up discount and although I love the 700p, I'm always interested in new technology. What sort of cost do you think Sprint will change for upgraded phones? I don't mind starting a new 2 year agreement.

I hope that the 700p's upgrade will have a screen cover so the screen doesn’t get so dirty when it is pressed up against people's ear while talking.

Thanks much.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    They don't offer upgrades. You'll have to purchase a brand new phone... at full retail price.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  3.    #3  
    Oh I was refering more to the discount on a new phone if you have been a customer for 1 or 2 years. Don't they also give rebates with new 2 year contracts?

I was not clear, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Oh I was refering more to the discount on a new phone if you have been a customer for 1 or 2 years. Don't they also give rebates with new 2 year contracts?

I was not clear, sorry.
    Well unless you've been with them for at least a year, you won't get any kind of discount, even if you sign a new 2 year contract. After 1 year, you get $75 off a new phone with a contract renewal, and after 2 years you get $150.

Now those are the official rules. You may be able to get lucky, depending on who and where you go to. But more than likely, you may be asked to pay full price for the Sherlock. Personally, I'd wait to see if this new device is even worth the trouble before thinking about it. With Palm's history, this new device could be less than spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Hi, I want to get some opinions please. Do you guys feel that it is a good deal to continue getting the insurance through Sprint on the 700p? It is costing me $7 per month now which could be going toward the purchase of the 700p upgrade that is supposedly coming in April or May.

I have not had my 700p long enough to be eligible for a trade up discount and although I love the 700p, I'm always interested in new technology. What sort of cost do you think Sprint will change for upgraded phones? I don't mind starting a new 2 year agreement.

I hope that the 700p's upgrade will have a screen cover so the screen doesn’t get so dirty when it is pressed up against people's ear while talking.

Thanks much.
    12mosx$7=$84
    1yr discount=$75
    New 755p~$649-$699

Do the math...! My advice is to leave the ICSH (In Case Sh!t Happens) on..youll be more likely to get a courtesy upgrade by complaining about the 700p's flaws than saving up for one. Besies, if you are chummy with your local Sprint store manager, he/she might upgrade you to keep your business because you have more services on your line. Just my humble 2 cents...