1.    #1  
    Guys Or Ladies, I have a question for someone Im wanting to buy the 700wx treo phone and use the sprint cell phone service but im gonna use it for a house phone has anyone else has done this before? Thanks for your time I already have a cell phone which is the Motorola I870 from Nextel. Jamie
    Last edited by SumHollisterHottie; 03/18/2007 at 05:49 PM. Reason: left out a word
    I'm not understanding. Basically, you want to purchase the 700wx and keep it at home? Why not just use the cell phone you currently have and just add more minutes to it. It'll keep you from having to worry about 2 different phones, 2 different numbers, and you'd probably save on your monthly fees.

Of course, I may be missing something.
    You could also go with a VOIP provider like sunrocket.com. They routinely have a deal for $199/yr and get a year free.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I use my cell phone as my work/home/personal phone. no issues at all.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by SumHollisterHottie View Post
    Guys Or Ladies, I have a question for someone Im wanting to buy the 700wx treo phone and use the sprint cell phone service but im gonna use it for a house phone has anyone else has done this before? Thanks for your time I already have a cell phone which is the Motorola I870 from Nextel. Jamie
    If you're talking about keeping it in the house and using it only at home, then I think that's kinda pointless. But if you're saying that you don't want to buy a phone line for your home, then that's a pretty good idea. Lots of people skip home lines altogether and just use their cell phones.
  6.    #6  
    Here's what im doing I bought the 700wx today at the local Sprint store and im gonna use it as a house phone and skip turning on a house phone because most places wants to charge you around 60 dollars and sometimes higher I know Vonage is the way to go I had them and you couldn't talk to anyone that spoke English at all its always people from the foreign country's.
    I'm confused

To save $60, you bought a $300 phone and going to pay let's say $45/month, while you have another cell phone sitting there, only to be used outside of the home??

And they don't speak English at all? I find that very hard to believe. Maybe you're not open to trying to understand their accent.
  8.    #8  
    Okay I'll try this again instead of me setting up a house phone just to say with Vonage I went to Sprint and bought the phone. I had Vonage phone service awhile back and the customer care representives and tech support people didnt speak english that well. Yes I can understand people very well thanks.
    What everyone here is confused at is why you're using a 2nd cell phone as a house phone rather than spending the $45 to $60 on more minutes for your cell phone. That would give you one number, it would always be with you, and you could use it $45 to $60 more :-D

We don't see the point in having a 2nd cell phone acting as a home phone.. It just doesn't make sense. Unless it was a Cricket phone per say that has unlimited minutes for $30/month.. that would at least make some sense.
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us