Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I need your help. I'm trying to get as many detailed pics of Treos(and any other PDA you might have) as possible for a website I'm working on. If I get enough pics, I would like to put together a Treo and Palm history/timeline complete a "picture review" of each device. I'll be sure to post when I'm done as it could be a resource for the forum. I'd like to do this with as many different PDAs as possible, so if you've got anything else lying around I'd love to have pics of those too.

To get an idea of the type of pictures I'm looking for, see http://www.brothersontech.com/2007/0...e-review.html/

For info on how to send me the pics, see http://www.brothersontech.com/submit-pics/

I know it takes a bit of time so I really appreciate any help you can provide. I'll be sure to give you credit for the pictures and even put a link to your site if you have one.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks!
    How do we know your not an Ebay scam artist and that you won't use our pics to trick buyers into thinking your items are more believable?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply. That's a really good question and something I hadn't even thought of. I'm not sure how I can prove myself. I use the same username on ebay. You can check my profile over there and see that I've never been a scammer. You can also look at the other work I've done on my website. I'm just getting started with it, but the whole idea is to assemble a database of pics detailing consumer electronics of all types. Eventually we'd like to add additional information such as links to product manuals, links to forums discussing the product, perhaps price comparisons, etc. Basically a good place to go do research on a product. We don't want to ever replace a site like TreoCentral. Rather, we'd like to point to sites like TreoCentral as people are researching a product by looking through the pictures. Also, we want to have pics of all the old electronics as a way to be a sort of tech museum.

I'm not sure what else to say, but I guess anyone on ebay could dig up pics of a product online and use them to scam. If I really wanted to do that, I could just go steal other people's pics and pass them off as my own on ebay or on my own website. I have no desire to do such a thing though. I guess I just have to ask you to trust me. You do bring up a good point though, and now that I think about it, perhaps we should add a watermark of some type into the pics we put on the website to make sure that other people don't use them for the purposes you mentioned. I'd be happy to work on that if it'll make you more comfortable helping out.

Thanks again. Sorry for the long ramble.

Nathan
    Alright I've got Treo 750, Treo 650, Treo 700wx, PPC 6600, and Kyocera 7135 I can take pics of. Any particular way you want them?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    That's great. Thanks for being willing to help out. Check the link in my first post for info on resizing the pics and what email address to send them to. Basically just take as many pics of the device as is necessary to show off all parts of it. For my Treo 700W, I posted 10 pics. I know it takes some time, but I really appreciate it.

Still need more pics....anyone else out there with different devices?