1.    #1  
    Anyone having an issue with ringtones and there contacts?

I have almost all the people in my contacts setup for default ringer but when i browse the name in the contacts section i see a different ringer for the person, and that ringer is the one i hear when they call, if i go to edit, under ringtone it says default though, not the ringer that i see when i browse name or the one that i hear.... i saw this same ringtone tagged to many names that were in my phonebook that were all set to default ringer, i deleted this so called ringer and now i have !@#$%^ where it says ringtone under the person...

is there anyway to rescan all the contacts and adjust the ringtone back to default.. or is the only way, to go through each name one by one....?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I am experincing the exact same issue. I have to reset them individually.

Are you running minitones, I am. I think that may be the cause but can't nail it down.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
  3.    #3  
    no i am not running minitones.. so at least u know its not that program
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Rat's I thought that was it. I will keep looking into it on my side.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    I have similar problem. I have one conact with a specific ringtone & somehow other contacts now have that ringtone. Only ringtone program I have is ringo. You guys have ringo?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    treoneo,

I don't have Ringo, I am using ptunes and have used lightwav in the past. that's it. it must be something during the hot sync is what I think.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    I have the opposite problem...I have assigned ringtones to certain people and they keep going back to "default", that includes my "Known" and "Unknown" callers. I have to reassign them every few days...
  8.    #8  
    i dont have ringo and never used lightwav
    every time i update the "Note" field for a contact in palm desktop and then sync, the ringtone for that contact will switch from Default to "Alert Bells" on my centro. so now i have a bunch of "Alert Bells" in my 2,600+ contacts. anyone know how to change them all back to Default en masse? changing categories didnt work.

im probably getting the Pre anyway which will probably negate these set ringones anyway.

i don't use ringo or lightwav. it seems to be palm desktop contact 'note' change. try it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/palm-centro/178909-many-my-caller-ringtones-mysteriously-switched-default-alert-bells.html
    Last edited by Gekko; 05/12/2009 at 11:53 AM.
    On my 700p I also have mixed default ringtones. I think that the contact keeps the default from at the time you entered it. Does that make sense to the rest of you?
    Dave
    i have the same problem ocassionally.
    i figured out a fix that worked for me - assuming you sync with Palm Desktop (PD) -

1. go to Contacts in PD
    2. "select all" contacts
    3. cut
    4. paste all back into Contacts
    5. go to "Custom" in HotSync Conduit menu and change to "Desktop overwrites Handheld" (set for one time only - NOT for Default)
    6. Sync

this process will change all of your Contacts ringtones back to "DEFAULT".

make sure you do/keep a separate isolated backup of your data BEFORE you try this just in case something goes wrong. be careful and good luck!