Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Well .. I dropped my new Treo 650 ... but it landed on the car seat next to me (whew). I use a magnetic covered pouch to hold the phone, which I'm very happy with, but boy is this unit slippery. Anyone know of a good skin that will likely still allow me to use the pouch, so I can get a better grip. .. or is there something else out there (tape strips???) to tack on for better handling?

Lastly, how do these skins go on?? Do they Zipper closed? ... I want to make sure it will fit in the pouch once the skin is applied. Thanks.

Rob
    you can get an invisible shield (www.shieldzone.com, www.bestskinsever.com), a silicon skin, or a hard skin from www.seidioonline.com.
    The BSE skins are exactly what I was looking for. Once you realize they are easier to apply than your first impression, they are perfect. Shiny, better grip, and allow use of the dock and almost any case.
    If you want the best grip, check out eGrips. I love them and have been using them at least 5 years. InvisibleSHEILD is good, but they are no where near as grippy as eGrips. Check out the TreoCentral review. It's old but still accurate. They have updated the eGrips since the review was written and they are more grippy than ever. The 650 model comes in clear now so they really don't change the look of the 650.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Maybe try the rubberized crystal case thing from Seidio. It's barely noticeable and not really sticky (if you keep it in your pocket). As for it going in a pouch, Seidio may have something that'll work with these.

If it's not for you, using the Invisible Shield works really well. Mine did start getting gunk around the edges. Maybe was just that I kept mine in my pocket. I also used it with a Piel Frama case, and, while it was a really snug fit, it worked. They also say it doesn't damage your device, but, when I took mine off, it felt a little different. I couldn't put my finger on it, but, something was different about it. Maybe because I was so used to the Shield feel.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I found the grippy too tight for my pouch case (although what a great device). To that end, I took a thin strip of medical tape (which has a grainy surface, and is soemwhat clear ... not the old white ones of yore), and applied it over the think silver on the sides, and a few thin strips on the back. Surpisingly, it doesn't look that bad, and works really well. When/if it peels off, the adhesive just need a little finger rub (or alcohol) to come off.

Thanks to all who replied.

Rob
    I'm thinking of ordering eGrips. But is the "clear" model for the 680 really clear? Or will it (like the "clear" silicone rubber skin I'm currently using) make my Crimson 680 look pink?