Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My plan been up for a year in June. Right now I am on a month to month plan. I have a 600 and I have been talking to retentions. Lady told me she will give me a good deal on my new phone 500 texts a month and 15% off my bills. I just dont know what Treo to upgrade too! Anyone have any ideas?
    iT DePeNdS oN yOuR nEeDs. I lIkE tHe 700wX.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    I dont have a need for anything! Just phone wise which one should I go with?
    I LiKe tHe SiX-eIgHtY
  5.    #5  
    whats the pros and cons between the three (700p 700wx and the 750) thanks.
    qQqqQQq fOr mE!
    Quote Originally Posted by jigalo View Post
    I dont have a need for anything! Just phone wise which one should I go with?
    Phone-wise, all three have phones that work pretty well.

You really need to compare the models at www.palm.com then search this site if you have specific questions. Asking such broad things as "which is better" isn't going to get you far. Tell us what's important to you and maybe you'll get some better answers.
  8.    #8  
    thanks alot for everyones comment! no majority decision but I will check the palm site out. Thanks!
    Sounds like you're with Sprint, I'd go with the 680.

Wow, I have a headache now. I've been on these forums too long...
    "OK," he said, manfully striding forward to add a bit of content to an otherwise content-free thread.

"Y'see, son, it all depends on whatcha gonna do with the phone," he continued. "Ya got the six hunnert so ya know the Treo's an ornery little critter but once ya got one ya never want any other phone. Ever."

He leaned against the corral and whipped his 700wx out of its holster. "Take this little beauty here, f'rinstance." He poked the red phone button to light up the screen. The 700wx's screen lagged slightly in springing to life. He punched the red phone button again, agitated that the phone didn't wake up instantly. Of course, punching the red phone a second time turned the 700wx off again. He cursed a mighty pirate's oath, even though he was a cowboy.

"Waaaall, anyway, I got this here little wonder to replace a perfectly fine 650, nary a nick or a scratch, always babied, never had a spontaneous soft reset." (cue Gilbert & Sullivan, "What never?" "No, never. Well, hardly ever.")

He spat out a giant chaw of Off Topic chewing tobacco and continued. "So I dumped the perfectly good GSM 650 and got me this here 700wx on Sprint because I needed full Exchange Server connection in my hand at all times. I had to have all of my spam pushed to my Treo instantly. Yeah, I could get my email just fine on the 650, but I had to ask my Treo to get it for me. Sheesh. This is the 19th Century, fella. A man could work up a powerful thirst pulling email from the ether."

"Turned out, though, that this Eve-Dough corntrapshun that Sprint gave me was slicker than snot on a doorknob. Hooooey! Surfed me that TC mobile site and Slashdot and all of them there geeky interweb things four and five times an hour."

"And that there multitasking gear that Bill "Got a Billion" Gates stuck in that newfangled Windows Treo? First time I streamed audio from somafm.com while playing solitaire, I knew I had me the definitive executive business device."

He stopped. Looked around carefully, and whispered. "Ya know, a man's gotta keep himself safe. These are dangerous parts around here. That's why I also have the 750."

Our n00b gasped. What alien disease had infected this grizzled cowpoke into carrying TWO Treos? And Windows Treos at that?

"Yep, sonny, two of them little puppies." He grinned. "Them Palm b@stards wouldn't sell me an unlocked unbranded 750 because they're in league with the Devil. Them folks at Palm couldn't hit the ground with an egg if you squeezed the chicken for them. They hate folks like you 'n me, the people that actually are the source of all of their revenues. Peh!" He spat another stream of tobacco juice. "So I got me one imported from Yerp from mobileplanet.com. Reactivated my T-Mobile account. All because I travel a lot internationally but it only dawned on me that I had no more GSM phones AFTER I sold my 650."

"That there 750 is way better than the 700wx. Voice command over Bluetooth. No stubby antenna. Yep, it's Windows but d@mn it just works."

He leaned over and muttered. "Now I hear tell that a new Treo's comin' to town on Sprint. A Palm OS machine. Ha. Probably steam powered. And I hear whispers that Palm's a-gonna launch some newfangled Treo with a Linux inside. I ain't never seen a Linux, but if it don't eat much and if it don't **** on the rug, I figure I'm a-gonna git me one a them things if they ever come out."

"Well, young feller, I'd best be on my way here." He pulled a spare battery off his belt and slid it inside the 700wx, paired up his bluetooth headset, and barked into his phone, "Call Fred Smith" and started walking down the street. The Treo responded in metallic, female voice, "Call Fran Blythe" and the old cowpoke yelled "No, confound it! Fred Smith! Ah hell!" and the Treo responded again, "Call Blacksmith Hotel" then was seen sailing across the street into a puddle.

Moral of the story: buy one of each.
    David did you mean the 650? The 680 is GSM only and won't work on Sprint, nor will the retentions lady get him one :-p
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    David did you mean the 650? The 680 is GSM only and won't work on Sprint, nor will the retentions lady get him one :-p
    I'm kinda guessing that the typo was intentional.
    Ahh. Tasty, I wish I wasn't sick all weekend. Laughing hurts too much right now.

Sounds like you've been watching a bit too much of Gunsmoke. I thought at first you were making fun of me, since I seem to put some "fixin' to" and "y'alls" in my posts, but realized I didn't put any in mine.
    There was a lot of whiny stuff on howardforums.com in the Palm forum about Treocentral people being big meanies always picking on new folks in town, yelling about searching first and scratching their butts and belching. I figured that I had to counteract that misperception.

http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...1&page=1&pp=15

As if HoFo is a place where the sensitive soul can hang out for long. Hah.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    Ahh. Tasty, I wish I wasn't sick all weekend. Laughing hurts too much right now.

Sounds like you've been watching a bit too much of Gunsmoke. I thought at first you were making fun of me, since I seem to put some "fixin' to" and "y'alls" in my posts, but realized I didn't put any in mine.
    My five-year old would scold you! She's been taught "fixin' to" is a bad word...

Tasty, you're a goof!
    Well, that's how us Texan folk like to speak down here. I try not to say "fixin'", but, y'all is so Texan-like, I just have to keep saying it. That, along with howdy.

If I didn't love Texas so much, I probably would've dropped it a long time back.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I really needed to read something creative today. And that tall tale, with WAY too much truth in it, was perfect. But I have one question, is y'all spelled correctly? I'm from Georgia and we spell it ya'll. However, I have no concerns about fixin' to. I b'lieve it is spelt jus' fine.
    Letters are missing between the y and a from you all, so y'all gets my vote. (Nothing missing between the a and ll.)
    Last edited by johncc; 03/15/2007 at 01:44 AM.
    Right, the correct spelling is y'all, for You ALL. People spell it incorrectly, just, I guess because they don't know better. Now you can tell all your friends, and get irked whenever they spell it wrong.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    why don't you hold out till the sherlock comes out. its shouldn't be more than another month and a half before its released. at worst it'll get pushed back a little while longer but there probably enuff leeks on the net about its functions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast