Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Okay. I have to say the last few months for Palm has looked very bleak at best. But with the latest rumors flying around, Hawink's dream machine, and Palms hiring of a former Apple EE http://http://www.engadget.com/2007/...in-its-sights/. I'm starting to see some rays of light thought the storm (even if for a moment)

But then again how often is the weather man right!
    ** for all that think I'm losing it; I just wanna have some positive thoughts for a change**
    Last edited by Doc31; 03/09/2007 at 02:02 PM.
    I think Palm is on the right path and has some exciting devices coming our way. I'm being a Palmyanna I know
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    7 day forecast:

Tuesday - partly sunny, bit nippy. with a low pressure system developing to the south of palm.

Wednesday - overcast, windy. The southern low pressure system steadily strengthening into a tropical storm by late in the evening just off the coast

Thursday - Tropical storm has been upgraded to Hurricane Nokia. Will swiftly move into the area to absorb Palm, thereby becoming a category 4 or 5 storm. Extremely high winds likely to displace the limping, older, outdated palm technology as well as incompetent personnel up and out from the company.

Friday - incredibly sunny and clear. Forecast looking much more favorable for the area which once was Palm under the struggling colligan era.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    P.S. Al Roker to report live on site as events unfold....
    why would palm hire the apple design guy AND mark from chattermail but then sell company immediately??
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    why would palm hire the apple design guy AND mark from chattermail but then sell company immediately??
    I've wondered that as well, but I'm not versed in corporate buyouts and such. My uneducated guess is that the potential suitor may like what Palm has planned and is in a better financial position to make it happen. I do not see Palm being bought then going away or absorbed into another product (Symbian or WM-only). My guess is that a new Palm OS will be coming regardless of Palm being sold or not.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    So palm would become a more valuable acquisition, or at least more attractive to prospective buyers.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Buyouts are handled on a "need to know" basis. Project managers generally don't need to know so they go merrily along managing their project which could certainly include hiring the necessary talent for their project. If they were hired for the next big thing I would expect that they'll keep right working on it.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I'm glad I got to experience the palm operating sytem on my treo 650 for the last couple of years. Should of bought a PDA years ago. Chatter was great too. Soon it will all be just a pleasant memory like like the first Christmas with my Tandy 1000TX. The days when I swore I'd never become a Windows user. I'm glad I could be part of it all.

I'm anxious for my next device. I don't think it will be a NOKIA though (never did care for their phones). The E61 looks good though! I'm looking forward to WM 7.0 but my next device will be Windows Mobile 6.0 I'm sure.
    Last edited by scsanden; 03/20/2007 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Checked out E61
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Storm surge approaching outer coastal banks. Winds increasing to 40 knots with ocean swells reaching 30 to 50 feet.

Expect heavy structural damage as hurricane nokia crashes inland towards the palm's diminutive stronghold.

All unproductive palm employees ordered to evacuate the premises immediately, as major topographical alterations to ensue....

stand by....
    1. I don't think Palm will sell out.

2. If they do, it will be to Private Equity that shares their vision for the brand and the future. (They will not be sold to be just chopped up and discarded. As I believed in the 700P, so to, do I believe this.)

3. Colbalt and spliting Palm Source off was a 2 year derailment. We are back on track, neat stuff is ahead.

Cheers, Perry.
    I hope Perry is correct. A Motorola purchase would probably be bad news for any future POS products. I can't see how Motorola could justify not going 100% WM with a Palm acquisition.
    Im so torn on this. I happen to like Moto's designs but Im so entrenched in the POS camp and it could potentially lead to Moto ditching POS. On the one hand Im hoping that Moto does go thru with it and they will hopefully install the 6 Sigma approach in their new Palm division therefore increasing quality.

OTOH the idea of a private investing firm sounds good too because of their deep pockets and obviously they dont have the competitive products on the other side of their house on their agenda. This worries me too because this could potentially lead to them leaving Palm alone and letting them do what theyve always done and recent history shows...

Im cornfuzzzed.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Hurricane nokia has apparently lost all strength during coastal approach. Winds speeds have returned to normal and the evacuation order has been canceled. No further precautions are necessary. Coast is clear.
    Thank god, no buyout.
    ... My forecast:

The Sun will come out, tomorrow... bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun.

When you're stuck with an OS that's old, and moldy... just buy up the rights, and make it right... then say...

The Sherlock will come out (sometime soon after) Tomorrow...

then Hawk's device will wow them all, (after) Tomorrow...

There'll be fun!

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow...

Palm has a -

Tomorrow...

& Perry'll get his 900 P Some Day!

( Guess I shouldn't quit my day job & go into writing broadway shows?? )
    Last edited by duanedude1; 03/23/2007 at 10:32 AM.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    who knows for sure.... nobody
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    ... My forecast:

The Sun will come out, tomorrow... bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun.

When you're stuck with an OS that's old, and moldy... just buy up the rights, and make it right... then say...

The Sherlock will come out (sometime soon after) Tomorrow...

then Hawk's device will wow them all, (after) Tomorrow...

There'll be fun!

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow...

Palm has a -

Tomorrow...

& Perry'll get his 900 P Some Day!

( Guess I shouldn't quit my day job & go into writing broadway shows?? )
    Tomorrow sure looks alot better then it did yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Tomorrow sure looks alot better then it did yesterday.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast