Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I purchased this off of ebay on Sunday Night, while I had questions on the item all my emails were answered within 10 minutes. After winning the item and letting a day or so pass I havnt gotten one reply back yet about the status of my phone.

What a bummer.

He claims he usually ships within 2 days, and him beign just north of me I was expecting to have the phone by today. Still no word though.

Anyway, just had to rant.. maybe paypal will work for me finally

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6205&rd=1&rd=1

now i have to go out and buy an MDA just so i can stay in the loop
    It isn't worth the brain damage and agony doing business on eBay and sitting around like the little girl in "Miracle on 34th Street" and saying "I believe, I believe" and hoping the stuff you bought comes.

I just got a new 750 from mobileplanet.com. Unlocked. Nice and purty. It arrived on time as promised. I have my T-Mobile SIM. I have my Sprint SIM (yes those two words do go together). I'm set for travel to Yerp.
  3.    #3  
    yeah. First ever ebay mishap I've had though in quite some time. We'll see though. Worst comes to worst, I'll hve to use paypal's good ol' buyer coverage.
    I thought I had something similar happen to me. I purchased a "vintage" Palm Pilot Professional off of ebay. I asked the seller when he was shipping it, after waiting about 1.5 weeks (I stupidly used an echeck before me account was completely setup, so that took an extra week). No response. Ok, I will wait a few more days.

I waited, and waited and I was beginning to get angry. It turns out that the package had arrived at my University. But... My university is very slow at sorting internal mail, and email redirection does not work well (they use this to tell us when we have a package). It turns out, the package center had my Palm Pilot for about a week before I go my "second notice."

I would wait about 1.5 weeks before really getting completely angered. Well, that is, unless you think that this is a true scam.
    I just returned my 2nd 4gb SD card to two individual sellers due to faux products! I got burnt almost 2 years ago when I bought my 650 from eBay. 1st guy was responsive until the auction ended, then got my money and closed the account. Paypal only covered $150 or something like that back then! I paid well over $450! Yeah, I was hot! I am giving up buying electronics on eBay, but I dont buy much from eBay anyways (16 transactions in 5+ years)!
  6.    #6  
    well, he has "usually ships in 2 days".. then I see another area on the auction that says "can ship in 2 weeks".. what the hell is that?

Should I just go through paypal and file a claim? I'm buying another 750 because I've been without a phone now for a day and it's killing me.
    you paid $455...whats the retail new for one?
    ATT Treo 680 Crimson
  8.    #8  
    about $6xx or so. $619 from one place I believe. Should have just went with that.

Does anyone know how long it takes for for paypal to refund $ back? I just worry because I havnt had one single email back, yet before the auction ended he answered any of my questions in less then 10 minutes. The last feedback left for him was negative as well, i should have went off that.. but what can i say. I'm an *****.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    At the bottom of the Ebay item page posted, it states "please allow 14 business days to receive." I would wait that amount of time exactly, and then start complaining to Paypal. During that time of waiting, I would continue emailing the seller(keeping copies of course) so you can prove to Paypal and Ebay that you tried to do everything possible to avoid a non-shipped item.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TREO1027 View Post
    At the bottom of the Ebay item page posted, it states "please allow 14 business days to receive." I would wait that amount of time exactly, and then start complaining to Paypal. During that time of waiting, I would continue emailing the seller(keeping copies of course) so you can prove to Paypal and Ebay that you tried to do everything possible to avoid a non-shipped item.
    I saw that too, but was a little "offed" when I read in the "shipping detail" area that it "ships within 2 days".
    I always tell people that ebay is good and bad. All I advise people is that they do their homework on the sellers. I have bought cars, electronics, motorcycle parts and all kinds of crap off ebay. I normally deal with major stores with ample good quality feedback. I also prefer those business whose customers will let you talk to them about their experience. With cars, I deal with dealerships and not individuals. But I have bought a motorcycle and drove to pick it up and paid for it there.

So, I guess the moral of the story is that when you're putting out money, make sure they have a brick and mortar phone, business front, etc. when you're buying something expensive. Reputation also means a lot to these stores. A store doesnt want bad feedback for a 500 phone if they sell 100 of them a week. So, I would recommend that you wait a couple of days and continue to try to contact them. If that doesnt work, then you can use Paypals guarantee.

Also, ask the seller to use tracking when possible too. I prefer UPS because of how they deliver to my home. Fedex Home is not that good in my area yet.
    As a second note, I also wouldnt buy something expensive from someone with only 58 feedback. That means either that hes relatively new to ebay, or he has started a new user id.

I am sure some of these things are not what you want to hear, but these are good tips for having a good shopping experience on ebay.
  13.    #13  
    well, worse comes to worse. I'm protected by paypal.
    Right. just use it as a learning experience. but i wouldnt shun ebay as a whole. you can really save a lot of money and find good buys there. GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Love84 View Post
    I saw that too, but was a little "offed" when I read in the "shipping detail" area that it "ships within 2 days".
    As an ebay seller, when he stated "ships within 2 days" he means that he will actually pack, sign, and ship within 2 days. Not necessarily meaning you will receive it 2 days.
  16.    #16  
    well, it's been 2 weeks now.. and natta. I filed a claim on ebay a couple days ago. The package was coming from Anaheim..an hour north.
    That sucks...did Paypal come through for you?
    That does suck! I had that happen to me...and paypal's insurance wasnt high enough to cover it back then!!
  19.    #19  
    well, the item is covered via paypal of up to $1000.00 I filed a claim 4 days ago. It's listed that if he doesnt respont by the 25th then the claim will be ruled in my favor. So far, no word from him and no tracking number.

I wonder how long paypal takes to refund the money back. I need some new streetbike tires

Funny thing is, he's a "confirmed" seller as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Love84 View Post
    Funny thing is, he's a "confirmed" seller as well.
    Actually the funny thing is he has a higher feedback percentage than you do.

Paypal will only refund your money *IF* they can get it from him. If not, you lose. It's in the fine print.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast