Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hell for an hours drive it wouldve been worth it instead of this headache.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  2.    #22  
    hdhntr, I agree.. I tried to come pick it up but never recieved any email responses.

Also, I've had friends who have had their money returned to them via paypal immediately.. and then paypal took it upon them selves to get their money back.

who knows though.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Actually the funny thing is he has a higher feedback percentage than you do.

Paypal will only refund your money *IF* they can get it from him. If not, you lose. It's in the fine print.
    why does that matter? he obviously ripped me off.. as well as another it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Love84 View Post
    why does that matter? he obviously ripped me off.. as well as another it seems.
    Just kinda ironic. You telling everyone he ripped you off, and you have several negative feedbacks for not paying for auctions.

It's that whole carma thing. What goes around...
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 03/20/2007 at 08:00 AM.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Just kinda ironic. You telling everyone he ripped you off, and you have several negative feedbacks for not paying for auctions.

That was just cold....
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    That was just cold....
    But accurate.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

7.    #27  

so me having TWO non payments over 3 years time (one for $7.00 and the other for $3.50) entitles me to getting ripped off for $500.00?

get a life loser and stop defending this ***hole.
    did yo use a credit card to pay through ebay. if so and you did not get your goods then your credit card should cover it. You may also be covered by your bank. Check it out.
  9.    #29  
    I'm covered through my bank. I'm letting paypal sort it out.. if not, then off to the bank I go.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    I'm covered through my bank. I'm letting paypal sort it out.. if not, then off to the bank I go.
    I had fantastic back-up from my bank is similar cicumstances a few years back. My purchase was even from a totally legitimate store, in a nearby city, and when my brand new Treo went missing in transit, the company refused any responsibility. The bank saw it differently, and I got every cent back, much to my surprise. At last some recompense for all those insane bank fees!!!

good luck, Ive heard that paypal refunds can be quite difficult. Another possibility to cover yrself for any future big eBay purchases is to pay via an escrow service-- see Ebay help for more details if escrow means nothing to you.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    so me having TWO non payments over 3 years time (one for $7.00 and the other for $3.50) entitles me to getting ripped off for $500.00?

get a life loser and stop defending this ***hole.
    I'm not defending the seller. A theif is a theif. And a non-paying bidder is a non-paying bidder.

Both cost the innocent party money.

And who's the loser? The guy that doesn't pay his bills? Or the guy that notices it?

Chill dude.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I'm thinking you need to stay off Ebay if you don't know how to use it. It's morons like you that don't read all the details that you are agreeing to when you click that buy button that ruins it for everyone else.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  13.    #33  
    i've used ebay with quite a bit of success over the past THREE years.
    I have had horrible experience with paypal. the advertise this "buyer protection" but it doesn't protect you one bit. it protects ebay from taking any responsibility. there are so many loopholes that benefit ebay a not you the consumer. good luck.
    Sorry but I'm forced to agree with the karma guy...

Paypal will eventually refund you but I'd allow for up to 6 weeks. They're slow as crap.

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Since your claim is due on the 25th, you may or may not get your money right away. It depends if the guy's account has money in it or not. I had to file two claims in the past month and one got refunded on the claim date since the guy was still doing a lot of business on Ebay. The other took two weeks before the guy's account had enough money to cover whatever they owed me.

I've also had one claim where the guy bailed and I never got my money back. All these with sellers ratings of 99 percent or better...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I have had horrible experience with paypal. the advertise this "buyer protection" but it doesn't protect you one bit. it protects ebay from taking any responsibility. there are so many loopholes that benefit ebay a not you the consumer. good luck.
    "Founded in 1998, PayPal, an eBay Company..."
  18.    #38  
    well, it all worked out in my favor. Monday the full ammount was put back into my checking account.

thanks paypal.
    Did you check the guy's feedback before you bid? His last 2 deals were bogus - he never shipped the items. One was even for a Treo. Looks like the seller either built up good feedback with little sales before running a scam or he recently ran into financial trouble and is now unreliable. Fortunate for you that PayPal came through!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12