1.    #1  
    I don't know how I missed this job posting, but it's pretty juicy:

Senior Telephony SW Engineer
    Job ID 2930
    Location USA - Sunnyvale
    Category Engineering
    Date Posted Feb 9, 2007

Overview:

The Senior Telephony Software Engineer will help design software and implement enabling technologies for our next generation of world-class smartphone devices. The candidate is confident in technical judgment and insight, eager to learn more, and is comfortable discussing ideas and approaches with colleagues. Must manage your time among concurrent projects; play nicely with others; refill the coffee when you take the last cup and approach challenges with enthusiasm.

Duties/Responsibilities:

Responsibilities will include design, implementation, and optimization of Location Based Service (LBS) SW for our Windows Mobile, Palm OS, and Linux based smart phones. Work with cross functional design team to identify root causes of various real world issues. Solve complex software problems in a given time frame. Explain issues to management and counterparts. Escalate critical issues to management based on accurate technical analysis. Initiate new ideas to improve qualify of Palm products. Enhance Palm patent portfolios through innovations.

Qualifications:

• A track record of successful delivery of consumer products
    • Six (6) or more years experience in system level software design and development
    • Minimum of one year of development experience with embedded WinCE/WinMo/Linux/Palm OS, or other small-footprint, mobile, power-conscious devices. Demonstrated commitment to quality
    • Experience developing for handheld or wireless devices a significant plus
    • Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across departments

Skills/Experience:
    • Experience with real-time embedded systems required
    • Experience with one of the embedded operating systems - Microsoft Windows Mobile/WinCE/Pocket PC/Linux/Palm OS
    • Understanding CDMA/UMTS/WIFI radio
    • GPS development experience is a plus
    • Strong C/C++/Java coding and debugging skill
    • Familiar with software development environments
    • General understanding of wireless communications is highly desirable
    • Must have excellent teamwork and independent decision making skills
    • Knowledge with cellular phone standards a plus

Education:

• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
    Similar job posting on same date here.

Palm mentions, "Location Based Service (LBS) SW for our Windows Mobile, Palm OS, and Linux based smart phones".

To me, that along with all of the other Linux software engineer postings is pretty strong evidence that Palm is building their own Linux-based next-gen Palm OS.
    Last edited by ballistic; 03/06/2007 at 06:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
    I don't know how I missed this job posting, but it's pretty juicy:

Similar job posting on same date here.

Palm mentions, "Location Based Service (LBS) SW for our Windows Mobile, Palm OS, and Linux based smart phones".

To me, that along with all of the other Linux software engineer postings is pretty strong evidence that Palm is building their own Linux-based next-gen Palm OS.
    Good catch! This along with the expansion in China will surely mean good things for future Treos!