1.    #1  
    I am Mac based...so mu music is in Itunes. Where can I buy online music in MP3 format so I can start using my Palm as a music player? Is there such an animal?

Thanks in advance.

JM
    You could always convert your itunes into mp3 files. I have little experience with a Mac, but here's how its done in Windows.

http://www.bpurcell.org/blog/index.c...036&mode=entry

I'm sure there is a Mac solution if you check on google.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunately they don't allow that! Only can you convert music you have loaded from your own CD's.

JM
    The lowtech method is to burn your itunes to a CD then rip the CD into mp3s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    The lowtech method is to burn your itunes to a CD then rip the CD into mp3s
    Yes, I've recently had to do this on some protected .wma files that I purchased before I got my iPod (through Musicmatch).
    DRM is just lovely, isn't it?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    You need to sign up with www.napster.com and get their Napster-to-Go.

The issue is that too many and too much conversions and DRM are required
    by the big boys (Apple Itunes, Real Networks, etc.)

Go to the grassroots. Go Napster.

$14.95/month.
    With Napster, don't you have to continue paying that fee to continue to listen to the music? That's what I've heard.

Now, why do you want to convert the music to mp3? What Palm are you using? PocketTunes Deluxe will play AAC files fine, but, not DRMed ones. Well, You'd have to do what you need to to get rid of that.
    Napster is still drm, just like Yahoo, Rhapsody, etc. There is software that will convert drm music to non-drm music. You could try a google search for something like "convert drm to mp3." Basically these programs will play the music at higher speed on your computer and then record it without drm protection. Some might question the legal issues, but if you have an active subscription to the music, why not remove the drm so you can play it on your Treo?
    Aren't the subscription services designed to only allow you to play the music if you're paying for it? If you remove the DRM, basically, you can stop paying and keep playing. That, to me, would have both ethical and legal consequences. It's a bit different once you've purchased the music, like with iTunes. With iTunes, you purchase the song for $.99 and you keep the song with no subscription fees to pay. Either way, you're keeping it, and if you decide to strip it of DRM, all that would do is allow you to play it in a variety of devices.
    I download from www.gomusic.ru where tracks are about 12p each.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)